Chapter Twenty-Six

Drake left right after he let me know about Soar, turning to Zeek, "what's going to happen now?" I asked, I really didn't want Soar to get into trouble, but I also didn't want him to think he could claim me.

Zeek sat down at the kitchen island, "Tabs, what Soar was about to do was a death sentence, he was going to commit an act against our lord and that is something every demon knows not to do."

I didn't say anything to Zeek, after he explained the situation, what could I really say? All I knew is that tomorrow evening I was going to marry Drake and I was going to be the queen of the underworld.

My nerves couldn't handle anything else at that moment. At least I have the dress, "Zeek, now that I have the dress, is there anything else I need to do for tomorrow evening?" I asked as I put our dinner on the table.

Darius walked in at that moment, "hey Tabs, dinner smells great" he said as he grabbed his plate and started to dish his out. Smiling, I watched Darius.

He was a demon that was kind and gentle but one of few words, he was always walking around the house checking everything twice, he took his job seriously.

"Thank you, Darius," I grabbed a drink and sat down, more than likely another meal without my Drake. He has been missing a lot of dinners with us.

After dinner was done, and the kitchen cleaned. I decided to take a walk down by the lake. Stepping outside of the house the air was so different here.

It felt like a warm spring evening, you would think being in the underworld the temperature would be hot as if you were in the tropics.

Knowing Drake, he made sure I would be comfortable. As soon as I left the house Zeek was right next to me, neither of us spoke as we walked.

We reached the lake and standing there for a few minutes, I saw a rock large enough that the top was smooth enough to sit on. Sitting there I wanted to ask Zeek a bunch of questions but decided not to.

Zeek walked over and stood behind me, "you know Tabs, Drake is a busy guy, he won't be home much," I craned my neck to look up at Zeek.

"Why are you telling me this?" I had a feeling Zeek was about to let me in on the day-to-day things around here.

Zeek walked over and sat next to me, "I'm telling you this so you can be prepared for whatever comes your way my dear, you see Drake has the whole underworld to sort after. That takes a lot of his time away from here. I also know you will get lonely, so it is best you take up a hobby of your own" he said looking at me.

"Thank you for telling me this, I wish Drake would have instead of you but all the same I do appreciate it" I said looking at Zeek. I knew his intentions were good.

I rested my head on his shoulder and Zeek tensed up with that for a moment before his body softened up and relaxed. No more words were spoken.

We just sat there watching the sun slowly go down in the sky and watched as the stars danced above our heads. "Drake made the changes to this realm for me, didn't he?" I asked, finally breaking the silence.

"He wanted you to feel comfortable here, in case you missed being up in the human world" Zeek said softly. "Well, I love it actually, I do miss the world where I came from, but this makes up for it and being here with you helps a lot Zeek."

Zeek didn't say anything, he didn't need to. I could feel that he was happy being beside me and protecting me. I could tell it was an honor for him.

"I should get you back inside before Drake comes storming out here wondering why you are sitting under the stars with such a dashing demon" he said snickering.

"In a few, I don't want to go back inside just yet, plus this is a perfect evening" I said with a sigh looking up at the stars. It was beautiful out here.

Zeek was always on full alert, but I could tell he was also enjoying this alongside me.