Chapter 3

Estelle didn't know how long she was knocked unconscious by the medicine that was injected. The next moment she opened her eyes it was morning. Warm sunlight streamed through the arched windows and colorful birds could be seen flying around outside. She didn't see it last night but a crystal chandelier sparkled in the middle of the room. It looked like a scene straight out of a fairytale.

She suddenly recalls the events that happened. I got isekai'd! Okay, calm down Estelle. I can't freak out or they might drug me again! Wait, they said I'm Duchess Estelle something-something, right? I can't remember the full name because it was really long but I'm 100% sure it was Duchess Estelle. Strange that the name feels comfortable for me but why can I remember everything from my previous life except for my own name?

The red-haired maid noticed that her master has awoken, "good morning, your grace!"

The young girl leaves after bowing but returns within a few seconds with two other maids dressed in the same uniform. A freckled brunette pushes a silver trolly with a large bowl of water while an auburn-haired girl carries a silver tray.

"We are here to attend to your needs, my lady," the three of them bow in unison.

They're probably going to help me get ready for the morning, Estelle assumes. She doesn't know what to do but she gets up from the bed, stretching a little while doing so. The maids come closer and start helping her do a lavish morning routine. They help her wash her face, do her hair and get dressed. By the time they were done, she felt as if she just had a spa day.

I've always liked getting my skin and hair taken cared of but I could never afford it. However, now that I'm a Duchess, I can live a pampered life in a beautiful castle! This is one of the reasons why I wanted to be isekai'd into a royalty novel! I'm so lucky I became a Duchess and not a servant or a slave. I wonder if I'm the female lead of this novel?

Five butlers come in with more silver trolleys and steaming plates of food. They also carry in a small rounded dining table to the middle of the room and start setting up the food. It looks like a feast but this is only breakfast for one person? This new life is just getting better and better!

She eats her breakfast as if she was a beggar that hasn't eaten anything in days. Actually, that might be correct. I really haven't eaten anything in 10 days since they said I was unconscious.

While the butlers cleaned up the breakfast table, a silver haired man comes in carrying a thick leather notebook in hand. Dressed in a fancier version of what the other butlers were wearing, he had a very stern look to him. He reminded Estelle of her strict principal when she was in high school.

"Good morning, Duchess Estelle. Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Abenant Brossard, your grace's personal aide, who prepares your schedule, as well as the head butler of the castle," he says very formally.

"Um, nice to meet you Abenant," Estelle somehow feels awkward with how serious Abenant is.

"Your grace must be confused by everything that is happening..."

Yes! I am absolutely confused! How and why did I get here? Did I die from the truck collision and got reincarnated? Or did I step into some wormhole while crossing the street that transported me to another universe? Does Abenant know I'm not actually from this place?! What is the title of this novel?

"According to Dr. Ludovic, he is the man my lady met last night and is Blanchard Castle's resident physician, your grace is suffering from what is called 'amnesia' due to the unknown illness that made you sick for 10 days. Even though he is one of the best doctors in the empire, as you may already know my lady, doctors can only treat physical diseases while illnesses of the spirit are cured by healers. However," Abenant pauses, hesitating a bit.