Chapter Ninety Seven

~The Mark~

I woke up in the same bed as Draco, we had fallen asleep together in the guest room. Malfoy was still asleep and I noticed that the grandfather clock on the other side of the room indicated that it was 11:34 am.

I shook Draco by his shoulder to try and wake him up. He slowly opened his eyes and saw me sitting up, "It's about eleven thirty." I stated, "Didn't your mom want us down for lunch at twelve?"

"Shit." He sat up while rubbing his left eye, he giggled while looking at me, "You're hair is a mess."

"Oh shut up." I spat, standing up from the bed and heading to the restroom to quickly get ready.

Before I reached the doorknob for the bathroom Draco said, "I'm gonna get ready myself, so I'm probably going to be downstairs."

"Okay." I answered.

I got ready, doing my 'messy' hair and makeup. My hair has always been a pain in the ass, it being thick and poofy.

After I had finished getting ready, I started to head downstairs. Which I may or may not have gotten lost on the way.

"Hello there, young one." Voldemort's voice scratched. I better get use to seeing him, this whole situation was just weird to me. All I did was smile in response, then took a seat next to Draco. "Everyone...sitting at this table, has the dark mark." Voldemort announced, "Except for our new comer, Alyssa Potter." He smiled at the end of his sentence. Everybody's eyes turned to me, which made me feel awkward. "Come up here dear." Voldemort motioned for me to go where he was standing.

I didn't want the dark mark, but I had to do this. I was already here, so what fucking choice do I have?

I slowly stood up from my seat, silence amongst the room as everyone watched me slowly head up to Voldemort's seat. He softly grabbed my right arm, I felt extremely uncomfortable at the touch of his rough skin. He placed his wand on my vein, then the dark mark slowly appeared. It was a bit cool I had to admit.

*    *    *    *

I sat in my room alone, daydreaming. With the old memories of how Draco and I first met. It's like an enemies to lovers type of story.

I heard four knocks on my door, "Come in!" I had my voice at a high enough level for whoever it was to hear. I expected Draco to open the door, but it was actually Erin. "Erin?" I was in disbelief.

She sighed, "May we speak?" Her head peeped out the door waiting for full permission to come in.

"Of course." I answered.

She walked in closing the door behind her, "What are you doing here? The reason I stopped being your friend was to protect you, now you're literally a death eater."

I shook my head, "Just so you know, I had a choice  Erin. I did this for Malfoy as well, this was my plan for a couple of years at least."

"Your plan was to become a death eater?"

I nodded, "Not much I could have done anyway."

"Oh." She sat down next to me on my bed, "Could we be friends again?"

"Of course we can Erin, you'll always be considered my best friend." I smiled.

She smiled back at me.

I haven't been updating a lot lately because I've been really focused on school. Plus I don't have many ideas for this year.

Word Count: 591