02 | park hyeseong & the jeons

Taehyung swallows harshly as he carefully examines the brand-new identification in his hands, turning it over front and back in concentration.

The picture on the card is the same as the one currently in his wallet, feline eyes staring directly at the camera as his lips sit in a straight line.

His hair was shorter then, dark brown locks framing his face and making him look younger and slightly chubbier.

His features are sharper now, jaw defined and cheeks slimmer. His eyes hold a certain kind of sadness, not limited to all of the disturbing things he has to see during cases.

The kinds of horrific things that human beings are capable of doing to one another has long ago stopped terrifying him, instead those fears have turned into nightmares where he wakes up in cold sweat and shaking.

One of the biggest differences between this new identification and his original one is that this one carries a new name where his should be.

According to this card, his legal name is Park Hyeseong from Seoul, South Korea.

Taehyung tries the name on his tongue for the first time when Namjoon steps out of the room to go call the Chief at the Seoul Interpol Office and let them know that Taehyung has agreed.

Seokjin steps in just as Namjoon leaves, hands settling on Taehyung's shoulder as he wordlessly watches him inspect his new documents.

Taehyung feels slightly embarrassed now that he realizes everyone in on this undercover operation knows he will have to sleep with Jeongguk.

"I'll be alright, hyung." Taehyung reassures Seokjin anyway when the latter lets out a sigh, gently brushing his fingers through his hair.

He knows the elder worries too much for him, Seokjin can't, and probably won't, ever stop seeing him as a kid.

He had been a great mentor and friend to him when he first joined the Bureau and had difficulty handling everything he was seeing on the job from crime scene photos to shooting his very first psychopath.

"I really hope so, Taehyung-ah. I do." He murmurs softly when the younger gives him a weak smile, not sure whether he believes his own words or not.

So many things can possibly go wrong at any given moment throughout this entire operation and he hopes it never comes to that.

Taehyung realizes that this mission won't be easy and will probably not be a short while either. He's heard some agents have been undercover for nearly five years such as Joseph D. Pistone, or Donnie Brasco.

He hopes this mission can prove to be as successful as his, with the ultimate ending leading to Jeon Jeongguk's arrest and the dismantlement of his organization.

The sound of a loud knock on the door is heard before Namjoon's head pokes back in to his office, phone in hand as he has presumably finished speaking.

"Both of you, meet me in the briefing room in five."

With that he leaves, causing Taehyung to quickly begin collecting his papers and the manila envelope as Seokjin watches him do so.

The elder's new name sounds slightly strange to Taehyung but he tries to reassure Seokjin that it totally doesn't sound all that bad.

They both gather their things and follow after Namjoon who is probably already setting up in the briefing room.

"Alright, the Central Intelligence Agency has sent over some files showing one of Jeon's many properties." Namjoon says as he takes out files from the storage box labeled 'VK-0405' that he showed Taehyung earlier.