03 | martinis & whiskey

The soft, sensual melody brings Taehyung into a state of unforeseen peace as he clears his throat lowly and fixes the collar of his suit.

His eyes are sharp and calculating despite feeling all different kinds of panic on the inside. He walks past a group of men who eye him with certain curiosity that makes him feel like the most powerful person in the room despite being the opposite.

His hair has been parted to the side and straightened, dark thick lashes framing his eyes and his eyebrows have been lightly filled in.

Taehyung walks with his head held high as the neon lights of the night club, located in the depths of Gangnam District, shine across his skin creating a heavenly glow.

He smirks lightly when he reaches the bar, ordering a martini from the staff working who immediately nods and gets to work.

Taehyung avoids looking around the crowded room, knowing fully well that the room is not filled with random strangers looking for a good night out with friends.

No, this night club is crawling with important business men that like sweeping all of their illegal negotiations under the rug. It makes Taehyung wonder how many have actually earned their position in their profession.

Rumor has it that the biggest Mafia Lord in all of South Korea will be making an appearance and someone has put in a good word about Hyeseong's firearms.

He whom Taehyung had made sure to befriend months prior to tonight, the club owner's son. His name is Choi Yeonjun, a twenty-one-year-old University student whose father partakes in the businesses made within his club.

He is fairly handsome, with striking features and slightly similar facial features to his own. He likes to wear lots of silver jewelry on his ears and chains around his neck. His hair is currently a bright shade of blue but just last week it was a pale-yellow color.

Taehyung's very first task had been to befriend him, go to the night club every night and become a familiar face. With time, he fed him useful information about his connections to military firearms and law enforcement equipment.

The young male easily fell for it, quickly confiding in Taehyung that he knew of someone who would love to negotiate a good deal for a shipment.

Yeonjun had specifically told him to come tonight, briefly mentioning that the club would be used for something entirely different and closed off to the general public.

Taehyung holds back from shaking his head at how easily Yeonjun is fooled, realizing that when the time comes he will most likely be killed for allowing Taehyung into the business. It's nothing personal, but Taehyung tries to hold off any guilty emotions swimming in his chest.

This is Yeonjun's fault for trusting him within a few weeks of knowing each other, not his.

The younger is too busy feeding his ego and trying to please his father, that he doesn't realize the grave intensity of his mistake.

Taehyung gives the woman handing him his martini a brief nod as he leans his body against the counter, taking out the green olive before popping it into his mouth.

It comes to no surprise when someone comes up beside him and plants a hand on his right shoulder, causing him to turn around.

"Hyeseong-hyung, you're finally here. Perfect," Yeonjun greets him, making Taehyung give him a friendly smile because the kid is respectful. He'll give him that.

"Yeah, just got here." He says, clearing his throat lightly as he straightens his back. Yeonjun nods before he's looking around the room casually but Taehyung knows he's looking for someone. His eyes stop at a certain figure around the room and Taehyung tries not to follow his gaze.