Chapter 18

The weeks passed by, and today was Valentine's day and at the same time, prom night. We were meetimg at Don's house because his dad rented a limousine for us. Cody, Devin, Jim, Don and I are inside Don's bedroom, dressing up and getting ready for prom. They insisted that Lucas should get changed in the bathroom, and we all know it's no use arguing with them.

"Wow, a maroon suit..." Devin said as he scanned me from head to toe. "You look good in it, Fred."

"Thanks!" I replied. "You look good in a classic black suit too!"

"You know what they say," Cody joined the conversation as he fixed his necktie in front of the mirror. "Once you go black, you never go back."

"I don't think that quote is applicable in this scenario, Cody." Don shook his head, laughing.

"Wow, Lucas is taking forever to get dressed." I exclaimed as I struggle to fix my necktie.

"Calm your tits, Fred..." Said Cody, as he grabbed me from behind. "He's doing his best gussying up for you."

"Sorry I took so long..." Lucas emerged from the bathroom in a dark emerald suit. "How do I look?"

"You look dashing!" Devin said as he nudged at me. "Right, Fred?"

"Huh?!" I was caught by surprise. "Oh, y-yeah, you look really dashing, Lucas."

"Thanks, Fred." He beamed at me, then he pointed at my undone necktie. "You need help with that?"

"Yes, please." I answered laughing. "I really don't know how to tie one."

He drew closer to me and started fixing my necktie, our faces only a few inches away from each other. I was staring at his chiseled jaw the whole time. Yes, Lucas is handsome, but my heart is already screaming someone else's name; Darren.

Our eyes meet for a second, until we realized that our friends are giving us weird stares.

"You guys look perfect together." Jim told us.

"Right?!" Don added. "If only we could have two prom kings, then the two of you would definitely be crowned."

"Okay, too much compliments, Cody..." I said, laughing.

"Well it's only fair!" Said Lucas, as he faced my direction. "I think you look amazing, Fred."

"Ugh, the two of you are sickening!" Cody grumbled as he headed for the door. "Let's go! A super fancy limousine is waiting for us outside!"

We headed downstairs so Cody would shut up about the limo. Don's mom was in their living room, she was talking to someone on the couch, then I realized it wasn't just someone, it was my mom.

"Mom?!" I exclaimed out of surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to take photos sweetie!" She smiled at me as she waved her phone. "Mareng Lucinda and I were just talking about posting it on Facebook."

"Hello, Mrs. Ilagan." Don greeted my mom.

"Oh, Don! It's nice to see you!" My mom suddenly hugged him. "Say, Fred didn't tell me who his date was. Is he going with you and the gang?"

"Well-" Don scratched the back of his head and glanced at me. "Actually, Lucas asked him out."

"Oh!" Mom's eyes widened, then she looked at me and Lucas. "That's great, Fred! Lucas is a nice guy, I'm sure he won't break your heart."

"Mom!" I couldn't help but feel embarrassed.

"Don't worry, Mrs. Ilagan," Lucas smiled as he put his arm around my shoulder. "I will never break Fred's heart."