Chapter 5: "You're one of those girls."

My father was an architect

My father was an architect. Key work being: Was, because I have no clue what he does now. I don't even know whether he is alive or not. When I turned 10, I was so fascinated by his drawings that I would sit hours and hours in his study just examining all the house designs.

When my dad saw my interests in his work, he started sitting with me and taught me how to draw those sketches. Of course, my first few drawings looked like it was drawn by some kindergarten kid, but I didn't give up. It took me almost two years to get my drawings to almost perfect and similar to my dad. By the age of 13, I was able to draw like my dad and understand the scale of the drawings.

This became my passion overtime just drawing house models and then on the weekends making them 3-D with my dad on his graphic tablet. Jay would sometimes help with the color for the models. It was a nice family kind of thing we did.

By the age of 14 my room had so many sketches pinned to my wall, I had to make a whole new drawer just for those drawings. When dad left when I was 15, I stopped making those drawings. I tried making them, but it brought back too many memories, so I got all my drawings, put them in a box and pushed it in the back of my closet.

Right now, sitting in Macy's Café, all the memories of me sitting here and working on different sketches rush back to my mind. I found Macy's Café when I was 13, and walking back home from school, Jay along side with me.

Jay and I had just gotten our monthly allowance and wanted to spent it and we spotted this café and got a milkshake. And god it was heavenly. Macy's was owned by an old lady, she named the café after her daughter who had died at the young age of 21, due to cancer.

The coffee in this café was amazing and I developed my caffeine addiction from here. For some odd reason the café never had many customers, or was well known, probably because New York City has so many more cafes all around the city.

One thing I loved living about in New York City was that the list of cafes was endless, and I could go around exploring different varieties of coffee. 

Now why am I at Macy's Café you might ask? Well every week I come here at least four times and complete my assignments sitting in one of the booths of the calm and cozy café.

After school I had informed Jay and Paris I would be here and texted Austin the address and to meet me here. So right now, I have my textbooks, and notebooks scattered around the table, a cup of hot coffee on my side and my reading glasses on, as I wait for Austin.

As I am working on my bio homework, I hear the café's bell chime and I look up to see Austin standing there, looking around the café with his bag slung on one shoulder. His eyes meet mine and he gives me a nod of acknowledgement before walking towards my table.

He slides into the seat in front of mine and places his bag next him. "Hi." He says. "Hi." I smile. "So... What are we doing?" He asks. "We can maybe start with Maths, we have some homework." I shrug and he nods before opening his bag and rummaging through it.