Bonus Chapter: "Love capacity, remember?"

Important A/N:

The epilogue I mentioned Austin and Indy almost breaking up, if you remember. But then I changed my mind and then after a talk with a very good friend/reader of mine I decided to go along with this plan.

Now, Indy and Austin actually do end up breaking up for a while, I'll edit it later on in the epilogue too :)

Hope this helps clear out any confusion this chapter may bring.

Enjoy! <3

My eyes opened on their own that morning, I picked up my phone and looked at the time and I was once again greeted by no notifications from him

My eyes opened on their own that morning, I picked up my phone and looked at the time and I was once again greeted by no notifications from him. That's how it has been for the past few weeks, no messages from him, no calls, no snaps, no more 'I love you' and 'I miss you' voice mails ever since the day we broke up.

I missed him.

But the distance had become too much. We couldn't find time for each other, both of us overwhelmed with college work and living college life that even calling each other had become a task like our assignments rather than something we wanted to do.

I remember the few days, well months before we broke up. Him calling me, or I calling him, both of us sounding tired as we spoke for less than five minutes before one of us hung up. I remember us taking hours and hours just to respond to messages because we got no time to. I remember the voicemails stopping because both of us were exhausted to even say a word and wanting nothing more than dropping down onto our beds and falling asleep.

It wasn't that we didn't love each other. It was the distance that tore us apart. It made our relationship feel like a burden rather than how it felt like a blessing back in high school. Not being able to see each other and hold each other when we wanted to was hard.

And I know we promised we would make it work somehow; and we tried, maybe we tried a bit too hard which is why we ended up here. With broken hearts.

A small part of me believed maybe this was a sign that we aren't meant to be.

♡♡♡

"I miss him," I admit. "I miss him but it's better this way," I say more to myself as I look at Elizabeth, my roommate.

Elizabeth or as everyone calls her, Liz, has been my roommate since my day one here. She was about a year older than me, meaning she was in her senior here at Michigan.

She was a psychology major and was pretty much the complete opposite of me: from long dark black hair, deep brown eyes, tall frame, narrow like body and piercings pretty much everywhere from her eyebrows, nose, lips, hell even her belly button, alongside some tattoos, she totally looked like a badass; her Harley Davidson only added on to the whole vibe she had going, but us being polar opposites didn't stop us from being very good friends.