Chapter 51

I shushed my gang as we crouched behind a bush. Steve had just gone to bed for the night. The fire was still going, seeing as my dad and a few others were still awake.

"Okay, go time," I whispered. "Bucky, you're up."

Bucky got up and walked towards the tent. He asked if he could go in and Steve let him.

"Okay, y/n, you grab the shoes," Clint whispered. 

"Wait, me? Why?" I asked.

"Because you're the smallest," Sam whispered.

I grumbled but got up to grab the boots. Steve had left them outside of his tent. I tiptoed over and placed my hands on the boots.

The sound of heavy breathing lured my attention to the tent. What the hell were they doing in there? I listened for a moment longer and heard Steve speak.

"I love you, Buck."

My jaw dropped. I turned back to my fellow pranksters. They were motioning for me to pick up the boots, but they didn't understand. I slowly unzipped the tent to see Steve and Bucky passionately making out. My jaw dropped further and I grabbed my phone and took a photo.

Problem was, the flash was on. Bucky turned around with a murderous glare on his face. I shrieked and ran out of the tent, completely forgetting about the boots.

~ Tony POV ~

I was minding my own business, talking with Pepper and T'Challa, when my daughter ran out of Steve's tent shrieking at the top of her lungs. She ran around the fire and Bucky chased her, his face slightly murderous. 

"Please, Bucky!" my daughter yelled. "I'll buy you more magnets! Please don't kill me!"

She ran around the fire, hiding behind superheroes. There was a slight smile on Bucky's face, so I knew he wouldn't actually harm y/n. Even though there was a knife in his hand.

"Boyfriend, this is the part where you save me!" y/n yelled.

Peter was no help, because he was wheezing and rolling around on the floor with Clint. I knew that Peter would help y/n if she was in real danger.

Bucky sped around the fire and picked y/n up and threw her over his shoulder. She shrieked, but I saw she was laughing as well. Bucky jogged with her on his back until they disappeared into the forest.

"Hey, not too far!" I called. "It's dark now!"

"Yes, we can see that!" y/n called back to me.

I chuckled. She really was my daughter.

~ Your POV ~

Bucky and I were laughing together as he put me down on a log. He sat down next to me.

"I can delete the picture, if you want," I said. "I was only going to use it for blackmail."

Bucky chuckled.

"You can keep it. Steve and I want to go public, but we're scared that people won't... accept us," Bucky confessed.

I sighed and wrapped an arm around him.

"Not everyone is going to accept you, which sucks. But we do, and so will a whole bunch of other people. You don't need to listen to all the homophobes and biphobes. They don't know what they're talking about," I said.

Bucky laughed again and hugged me closer.

"I love you, y/n," Bucky said.

"I love you too, Buck," I said.

"We have the boots!"