Chapter 1

AN: Another Self Insert Fanfic appears. This would probably turn into a wish fulfillment fanfic. But I promise that there would be no Harem in this story.

Disclaimer: This is a fanfic.

__________________

Chapter 1: Heaven's Retribution

Computer is probably one of the mankind's greatest invention. Along with the internet and the creation of Social Media. Those 3 things is one of the major contributors that brought out the information age. Long distance communication, instant news, exchanging information and knowledge– Those things out a lot of benefits towards the society today.

But of course, if there was a pros, there would be always a duality to everything. Those things has also a lot of cons.

One of the most worrisome cons was the degradation of people's moralities nowadays. It was most evident in the youths of the current generation.

In the Social Media platforms, there would be a lot of toxic people to be found lurking everywhere. Among those people, was an 18 year old young man named  Tobias Hans Miller. He was a keyboard warrior who has been lurking in the Internet since he was 12 years old.

From a pessimistic and timid young boy, his young mind was corrupted and twisted. It became rotten. From a person who wouldn't even utter or think of a bad word, saying a bad word became a part of his daily life. In the past hearing science lessons about the reproduction would make him embarrassed but now, the vanilla porn videos can't satisfy him anymore.

He have reached the deep and dirty part of the internet. And he knows that he have just barely scratched the surface.

Other than that from a person who has few friends, he grown to become distant and became a recluse who spent his time living in the Internet. Watching movies, anime, writing fanfics, reading comics, manga, manhua, manhwa, reading webnovels and watching donghua– this young man became a ½ shut-in and a full time Otaku.

Recently, this young man also came across a certain webnovel. This webnovel was the infamous Reverend Insanity who was also known as Daoist Gu or Master of Gu in the manhua version. Just like some webnovel readers online, Tobias become enthralled with the story and the Protagonist.

Tobias could only feel excitement and thrill everytime he read the chapters of the novel. He was filled with anticipation that he resulted in grasping the Dao of MTL.

There was a lot of positive things and praises that Tobias could say towards the story and the Protagonist. And of course towards the author of the story. He was filled with gratitude towards the Author for creating and sharing to the world his wonderful story.

Yet good things came to end when time passed by, the webnovel was banned. Tobias was filled with rage and anger. Yet he knows that he was just a powerless person that can't do anything just like the other faithful readers of the story.

As a way to relieve his stress, he decided to reread the story and also read the manhua again and again. And he also went to some forum discussion and fought with some people who diss the story and said that Fang Yuan was shit.

Most of the battles, he actually lost and feel humiliated. Some of those readers say that he was just an immature and edgy kid. Then he would retaliate and say that they are just a horny and shameless single dogs. If they are just looking for things to fap, then they should just go to their stupid and horny protagonist. Or probably, they should have just went into some porn site in the first place. (He wasn't willing to admit that he was once of those readers who like harem cultivation stories).

Days passed by, Tobias slowly lost his braindead and almost fanatical enthusiasm towards Reverend Insanity. He eventually move on and came looking for other stories to satisfy his hunger for mind adventure and boredom.

Other cultivation stories didn't satisfy him as Reverend Insanity but some other webnovel genres satiate his hunger and standards for a good story. He spent his days watching new Donghua and Animes. Sometimes, he would also listen to different genre and languages of music.

Play games like fgo and eventually genshin impact. Then a lot of shitty things has happened when year 2020 arrived. It brought Tobias, a mix feelings. He was glad that he would just stay home and not spend time and effort socializing  in close proximity with his classmates.

On negative things, there was still an online classes and some food and products started to become more expensive.

There was a lot of negatives than positives in Year 2020. But Tobias still feel satisfied staying at home as a Shut-in. When the Year of 2021 arrived and some months came and go, Tobias still felt happy that he would spend his time inside their house.

Recently, he also decided to reread the manhua of Reverend Insanity. Previously, positive comments came out of him. Tobias still remembered his previous behavior. He felt embarrassed fighting with anyone online just because of a story. A fictional work.

He doesn't know why. But he decided to do something the opposite of what he was used to do. Tobias left a bunch of negative comments. Not towards the story or about the Protagonist Fang Yuan. But a bunch of insult and curse towards Fang Zheng. The younger twin brother of the Protagonist.

On all of the characters of the story, Tobias felt most annoyed and irritated towards Fang Zheng. He was so stupid and naive that he let the other used him. It's true that he matured over the years, but that was because he suffered and experience a lot of horrible things.

Tobias hated Fang Zheng.

He doesn't feel pity towards him. But feel a negative type of sympathy and projection of himself. Just like Fang Zheng, he could admit that he has an inferiority complex.

It was natural to feel envy towards others. And feel yourself lacking over other people, but Tobias felt that Fang Zheng was too stupid. Just like those other generic protagonist out there. But Fang Zheng wasn't even a Protagonist. He was a supporting cannon fodder character and stepping stone for other people to use.

Tobias really hated Fang Zheng. If he was in Fang Zheng's place, he shouldn't feel inferior to Fang Yuan. Fang Zheng was stupid to let the opinion of other people get to him and buried himself in feelings of inferiority and anger.

If it was him, he wouldn't made the mistakes that Fang Zheng made in the novel.

" Fucking Fang Zheng, too busy thinking with his third leg. If it was me, I could do better. "

Tobias sighed and decided that he have experienced enough dosage of Master of Gu manhua today. He spent some time playing some infamous Gacha games after and tried his luck. To his disappointment, he got nothing. Eventually, it was already approaching midnight. Tobias decided to sleep on his bed and snuggled Rias Gremory Body Pillow tightly.

He instantly feel sleep.

[ Keyword Fucking Fang Zheng, too busy thinking with his third leg. If it was me, I could do better." Found. ]

[ Loading.... ]

[ 1% ]

[ 9% ]

[ 23% ]

[ 45% ]

[ 62% ]

[ 80% ]

[ 92% ]

[ 99% ]

[ 100%.... ]

[ Initializing... ]

[ Activating... ]

[ ???? Command: Heaven's Retribution launching. ]

[ Target: Tobias Hans Miller ]

Experiencing a sweet and blissful dream. Tobias remained unaware of something unusual happening to him.

[ Heaven's Retribution- 100% success. ]

The next time that he would woke up, Tobias would found out that he wasn't in their home anymore. Nor he was on planet Earth. Instead, he would find himself in different and dangerous world and in the body of someone that he dislike.