Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Opening Beginner Gift Pack

  " Damnit. "

Tobias couldn't help but curse while he was currently in Fang Zheng's room. He touched Fang Zheng's face and wince as he felt the pain on them. Fang Zheng's face was currently a mess and riddled with a bruise.

After being intimidated by his cold smile, one of those bastards decided to punch Fang Zheng's face. Tobias who was occupying Fang Zheng's body took the brunt of the pain and damage on a body that didn't belong to him.

That bastard who punched knows to punch like a pro. It fucking hurts.

Tobias also never thought for Fang Zheng's current body to be so frail. It collapses immediately to the ground because of just one punch from one of those bastards. He was forced to eat the dirt in the ground and cry out of pain.

While crying out in pain, Tobias can hear the jeers and insults of those people. Tobias was someone who wasn't used to pain. He was someone who very rarely got a wound or bruise back on Earth. The only memory he has of experiencing pain was when he was just a little child and tripped on the ground. Those moments can only be counted on his one hand. The punch on Fang Zheng's face caused tears to run out of Fang Zheng's face. It was maybe because of that behavior that caused those people to lose their interest in him and disperse. On the other hand, maybe one of them realizes that they have just punched Fang Yuan's little brother. No one of them decided to receive the consequences of punching the little brother of Fang Yuan so they immediately escape the place of incident leaving Tobias there alone.

It took some time for Tobias for the feeling of pain to alleviate before he could gather himself and stand up from the ground with Fang Zheng's wobbly and frail body. After that, Tobias decided to return to the residence of the two Fang's uncle. He arrives at the house while avoiding anyone on his way to Fang Zheng's room.

Now, he was here in Fang Zheng's room nursing the swelling bruise on his face. Tobias wanted to pay back revenge on those bastards. But he knows that he can't do anything with Fang Zheng's weak body. It would just remain a dream for him. There was also another way to revenge on those people, but he didn't want it. It was inconvenient. He would need to talk to Fang Yuan and say some people have punched him. Just imagining the scene causes Tobias to feel amused but very scared at the same time. No, no way.

Even though there was a desire for revenge, it was just a little bit. Tobias would endure the pain and humiliation that he received from those people than approaching Fang Yuan. He doesn't want to have any more reason to approach the protagonist. Tobias would stay away from Fang Yuan as much as possible. That's why he mostly stayed inside Fang Zheng's room and was left alone in his thoughts.

After a while and the swelling on Fang Zheng's face hadn't alleviated a little bit, he decided to ask the system inside his mind.

' GoHo? '

There was no cold water or ice pack to nurse the swelling on Fang Zheng's face. He hoped that the system would have the solution.

{ What is it, Host? }

' Do you have something that can reduce the pain and swelling on Fang Zheng's face? '

{ There is. }

As expected of the system.

{ There are a lot of healing items that were available in the shop. The host just needs Merit points so that you can buy them. }

Tobias' joy was reduced as he heard those words. Hesitantly, he decided to ask the system.

' GoHo, how many points did I have? '

{ Answering host question, you don't have one. }

Tobias' expression turned sullen.

' How can I have merits points? '

{ Some of the tasks and missions that were issued have merit points as rewards. }

But he already has completed a quest. Tobias thought in his mind. But then he remembered that the reward wasn't some merit points but the unlocking of various functions like the Shop, Gacha, and Storage Function. All 3 of those functions are very useful. Tobias then remembered the last reward of the beginner quest from the system. How could he forget? Feeling invigorated again, Tobias asked the system.

' GoHo, can I open the beginner gift pack now? '

{ Orders acknowledge, Host. }

{ Opening the beginner gift pack... }

Tobias waited inside Fang Zheng's room for a few minutes before he received the system prompt inside his mind.

{ Congratulations host, you have received several beginner items. }

[ Beginner Gift Pack Rewards:

• × 10 Food Replacement Pill
• × 5 Beginner Poison Antidote Pill
• × 5 detoxifying pills
• × 5 Cosmetic Pills
• × 1 Bookworm Gu
• × 10 Body Purifying Filth Expelling Pill
• × 1 Observe Gu
• × 10 Wound Healing Pill
• × 10 Energy Recovering Pill
• × 1 Body Transformation Pill
• × 1 Violet Cauldron
• × 1 Talent Grade Raising Pill ]

Tobias trembled as he listened to the words of the system. A grin has formed on Fang Zheng's face. This is too good. Just listening to those list of rewards, make him feel happy and elated. It was as if his problems were gone for a moment. This is generous. GoHo deserves its position of being a system. It was such a cheat!

After a while, he let the system show the rewards on his mind again. He has gotten a lot of useful items. Most of them are a bunch of pills, yet none of them are useless. Tobias could think of various ways to use the pills. But then, he decided that all of the rewards would remain in the storage space for the meantime. Along with the other items and the two Gu that he received from the system. Tobias sighed as he remembered the swelling on Fang Zheng's face. There was something in the storage space that could help with his condition right now. But, Tobias felt it was too wasteful to use them for a mere swelling on a face. It was too precious to be used for something trivial like a swelling face! Those pills could he use for lifesaving matters!

After a while, Tobias decided to leave the room and call the old nanny who takes care of Fang Zheng and asked if she knew anything that could help to reduce the swelling on Fang Zheng's face. That day, he also made sure that he didn't encounter Shen Cui and Fang Yuan.

He would stay away from those two people as frequently as possible before the start of the plot happens. Tobias has no desire to get involved with Shen Cui's tricks and dramas. As for Fang Yuan, there was no reason to approach him as the task that was given to him didn't tell him to get involved with Fang Yuan before the start of the plot.