Chapter Four: First Night

You barely got any sleep that first night. It was humid in Norman's room, your head was throbbing (although you could walk normally, as discovered by an urgent bladder issue), and you were afraid. You didn't know where you were. You just knew you were in the middle of the woods in a house with a bunch of people called 'slashers'. Your situation was less than pleasant. 

At about twelve in the morning, your idiocy got the better of your logic. Quietly, as to not wake up Norman, you stood up from your mattress and crept to the door. Slowly, you opened it and left the room. 

You were cautious to avoid making any noise when walking down the hall. You heard obnoxious snores coming from the room Tiffany and Charles shared. Whoever was not the source of the lawn-mower-like sounds, you pitied. 

Eventually, you made it out the front door and onto the porch. Careful, as to avoid the porch light, you crept off the steps and onto the grass. Not knowing where you were or where you were headed, you ran. 

After you could barely see the house, you slowed your pace to a walk. You walked for a good while, maybe thirty minutes. It was peaceful. Somewhere, an owl hooted. The wind blew softly through the leaves as a rabbit scampered across your path. 

That was, until, a bloody kitchen knife pierced the skull of the poor animal. 

You gasped as the rabbit flopped over, dead. You bent down to analyze the creature, wondering if there was any way to save it. 

"Leave it." An angry voice sounded from behind you. "Why are you out here?"

Sighing, you turned around to face the man responsible for the rabbit. 

"Because, Jeff, I don't have a death wish. I'm leaving so I don't die," You remarked before turning on your heel and walking away from the teenager. 

"Oh, I don't think so," He bespoke. "I think you're going to turn around and go back to the house and back to Norman's room." 

"I'll pass." You pithily said.

You got about two feet away before a hand reached out and grabbed your hair. You shrieked as you were slammed against a tree. 

"I won't tell Michael about your little attempt at freedom if you listen to me. Now, get back inside the house," Jeff growled. 

You looked away from the psychopath in front of you. Clearly unhappy with your response, Jeff roughly grabbed your chin, forcing you look at him. 

"If I let you go, you will not run. You will walk towards the house." 

Jeff let you go and, unsurprisingly, you immediately booked it. You didn't make it far before you were tackled to the forest floor. 

"Not so tough now, huh?" Jeff taunted. "Nowhere to hide, no one to protect you, no one to keep me from carving out your organs."

For what had to have been the tenth time in twenty four hours, you screamed. Your vocal chords weren't too pleased about it, but did the deed. 

_______________________________

I woke up to an all too familiar sound. It was Y/N screaming, yet again. Sighing, I got out of bed and brushed my hair out of my face. I don't know why I felt like I had to do this. I don't even know her. But I felt like I had to. I had to go and see what the matter was. 

I peeked my head into Norman's room only to see a bare mattress on the floor where Y/N should have been. If she wasn't there, she had to be outside. She was persistent on leaving earlier; she probably took the chance and got caught. I went back into my room and grabbed a Bowie Knife from my desk before walking downstairs and out the front door. 

From there, I had nowhere to go. I didn't know which direction the scream came from. If she was smart, she would have gone around back. But, judging by her personality, she didn't. To my luck, she screamed again. It was pretty close, maybe about one hundred yards or so away. It sounded like it came from in front of me, so that was the way I went. 

I jogged for a few seconds before ducking behind a tree to observe the scene in front of me. Jeff was on top of Y/N, who was wriggling beneath him, and Jeff had his knife. 

"A bit of an unfair advantage, don't you think?" I spoke up. 

Jeff stopped and turned around to look at me. 

"What, you actually care? Ha! Nice try, Billy, but I don't buy it!" Jeff cackled before returning to Y/N. 

I sighed and ran forwards. I dove at Jeff and we rolled around for a second before stopping. I managed to pull myself on top of Jeff and grab the arm with the knife. I squeezed his wrist before the knife plopped out of his hand. I grabbed it and held it at Jeff's throat. He immediately stopped moving and-- how shocking-- a bit of fear was eminent in his face. 

"If I let you go, you're going to leave Y/N alone. You will not touch her," I said through gritted teeth. "Am I understood?"

Jeff nodded. 

I pushed off of the wide-eyed man and we both got up. He sulked off into the forest, clearly upset. Whether it was because I stopped him from gaining yet another victim or because he was embarrassed was unclear, but he was definitely upset. 

_______________________________

You probably should have run back to the house while Billy was dealing with Jeff, but you couldn't. You were frozen to the spot. You were absolutely horrified. You had nearly just been killed! You were also very confused. Why was Billy doing this? Judging by your first impression, he did not care about you whatsoever. But, here he was, saving your life. 

"Hey!" Billy hissed. "Quit ignoring me!" 

You still didn't move. You just laid there on the grass, shocked. 

Billy scoffed. "You're pathetic." 

After gaining no reaction from you, Billy began to wonder, were you dead? He grabbed your wrist and felt a very rapid heart rate. No, you were very much alive. Were you just flat out ignoring him? 

"Hey, look! A fox!" He whispered. 

There was no fox. It was an attempt to get your attention. Once you didn't even flinch, Billy realized you probably weren't ignoring him. You were probably terrified. 

Sighing, Billy bent down to your level and carefully picked you up. You suddenly snapped out of your trance and began thrashing about, shocking Billy a bit. 

"Will you stop that? I'm not going to hurt you!" He groaned. 

As soon as you started, you stopped thrashing around. Maybe it was the fact that Jeff wasn't carrying you. Maybe you had passed out. There were a lot of 'maybes' in this situation. Maybe Billy actually cared. Maybe Billy and Jeff had beef. Maybe this was all just a bad dream. Maybe it was a prank. Maybe, maybe, maybe...

Billy carried you the rest of the way to the house in silence. Billy stared straight ahead and you stared straight up. You would have been looking at the trees and the sky, but Billy's head was in the way. So, you just stared at his jaw. 

Once you reached the house, Billy carried you to the living room and put you on the couch. 

"Why did you go out?" He inquired, turning on the light. 

You didn't reply to Billy. 

He sighed and picked up a blanket. 

"Well, than I guess I'll see you in the morning." With that, he tossed the blanket on you, turned off the light, and climbed up the stairwell.