Chapter 13: Emergency Vacation

A/N: Holy Hogwarts; thank you for 1,000 reads! Officially my most popular book! Since I'm not comfortable with a face reveal, how about a dog reveal next chapter? I've got two of them, a husky and a mutt. How's that sound?

You woke up to an argument downstairs. There were many voices, all were attempting to dominate the feud and none were succeeding. You turned over, wondering if Billy was part of the argument. Unsurprisingly, Billy wasn't in his bed or at his desk. Sighing, you got up and made your way down the stairs.

Once you reached the bottom of the stairs, you were incredibly confused. Everyone was yelling and not a single word could be made out. Everyone was at each other's throats, some people more than others. One thing was clear, though: Everyone was mad at Charles. 

"Hey!" You screamed out. 

No one stopped to listen. It was like no one heard you. 

"Hey!" You screamed, a little louder. 

Once that didn't work, you stomped back up the stairs and into your bedroom. You pulled open Billy's bedside table and grabbed one of his knives. After you had the knife in your hands, you went back downstairs. 

You assessed where the least amount of heads were. Directly in front of you, there was a clear line where no one's face was. You raised the knife up and threw it through the clearing. 

It glided easily through the air and stuck into the wall. 

The knife silenced everyone. They turned to look at you, who had a look of annoyance on your face. 

"What's going on?" You asked, no tone to your voice. 

"Charles killed somebody and left a witness," Tiffany explained. "The cops saw him run into the woods and now they're camped out on the front and back entrances." 

You looked at Charles. 

"I'm no murderer, but you're not supposed to let witnesses live," You spoke. 

Michael, who had been towards the back of the group, stepped forwards and handed you a piece of paper. 

"We're trying to figure out what to do." 

"Well, here's a grand idea. Instead of arguing about it, write down possible ideas and talk about them. Quietly," You said sarcastically before going to go back up the stairs. 

"Someone needs a nap." You heard Freddy mumble from the back of the crowd. 

You stopped and turned around. You made eye contact with Freddy, which is something you wouldn't normally do. Once you did, though, his face dropped. 

"I'm sorry, but I walked in on a crime scene where my friend was murdered! And, sorry for the inconvenience, but I was taking a nap! All of you're yelling woke me up! And sorry for burdening you, but I didn't ask to be here! And I'm sorry to inform you, but I have every right to be upset right now!" You shouted before turning and stomping up the stairs. 

_________________

Michael tiredly put his palm to the forehead of his mask; a physical sign that he was sighing. He knew you wouldn't let him forget that you were here against your will. He didn't know if you held grudges, but he knew that you would hold this one against him. 

"She's right. Everyone, go to your rooms and right down your ideas for Charles. We'll reconnect in 30." 

Everyone went up to their rooms, most of them looking at Charles as they went, perhaps profiling him. Perhaps cursing him.

_________________

"Y/N, what do you think Charles should do?" Billy asked. He had been sitting at his desk with a pen and paper for ten minutes and the sheet was still blank.