Part 7 - Vegan leather seats

Y/N should've felt cold when she awoke on the wet pavement. Despite a figure looming over her and blocking out most of the rain, the back of her neck and body was drenched in the cool water from the puddle to her right. It was easily in the mid 40s at this point in the evening, something that would ordinarily make her toes curl and her figure tremble, but it felt...different.

She felt like her insides had been scorched, like she'd downed an entire pitcher of boiling hot water. Every movement she made hurt–right down to wiggling her fingertips and her eyes. Her body was exhausted. If she hadn't known any better, she would've thought that she'd just finished running a marathon in hell.

"Can you hear me?" A posh British voice cut through her musings as the figure above her came into focus.

Draco.

"Yeah. Was there a fire?" Her words left her throat painfully, scratching their way up her vocal chords.

"Er...what do you remember?"

She squeezed her eyes shut. The memories of the night slowly began trickling back–she'd done Draco's tie, told him to watch his drink, argued with Chad about how funny he was, and walked to...Oh, yeah. The antique store. The box. The stars inside of her.

She flinched. "I fainted. I'm sorry. That was really stupid of me."

"What?" Draco shifted back, the light from the front of the antique store catching his face. There were lines in his forehead that she'd never seen before. "Why?"

"I didn't eat enough today," said Y/N. Speaking was starting to feel less and less like lighting her trachea on fire. "I was really nervous and I lost my appetite. I'm an easy fainter."

He cleared his throat. "Er, okay. Yeah. That was it. Anyways, we have to get home. You need to, uh, eat."

"Okay."

Y/N allowed herself to be hauled up onto her feet, swaying slightly once her full weight was on her feet. Her sense of gravity felt like it had been loosened. With every step, she felt pulled to the ground from a different part of her core.

"Steady. Don't fall." By some miracle, once Draco's hands were gently guiding her shoulders, she was able to make her way to the backseat of Heather's car before she collapsed.

"Where are we going?" asked Y/N. Despite no longer feeling like she was near death, her head was still cloudy.

"Home," was all Draco said as he slid in on the other side of the car.

She didn't bother putting on her seatbelt–she still felt like she was about to keel over–and rested her head on the car window. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Draco open the passenger car door for a moment, pause, shut it, and instead tug open the door across from her and slide in.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"My insides feel like they're on fire." Y/N winced as she tried to shift and get the weight off of her neck. "I think I'm sick."

"No shit, Sherlock," said Heather from the front, her eyes catching Y/N's from the mirror. "You were just laying down in the middle of a rainstorm. Go home and take some Zi-cam or something, jesus."

Y/N tried to chuckle in response, but it came out as a sorry squeak instead. No one made a move to further comment on the evening's events as Heather pulled onto the freeway and began to gain speed. The sudden lurches and changes of speed in the car set Y/N's stomach into a churning frenzy, her head growing light again.

"Draco."

Her voice was so soft it was hardly audible–the syllables jumbled together on her lips in a quiet mess–but he immediately snapped to attention.