nove

◇unedited◇

It has been just a day since I got back to Missily. I am currently just settling down and get Fiorelli to be comfortable around the house. I lived in this house only for a day, so it will take time for me to settling down as well.

I bought a new highchair for her, so she can comfortably eating by herself. She was slowly learning and keep on learning new things. I love watching her growing up, I love every parts of being a mother.

"Here you go, sweet girl. Enjoy your food." I said sweetly while handing her the spoon to eat it with. As I am trying to eat with her, there's a knock on the door. Who would have know that the house is occupied?

"Wait for mommy and be good, okay?" I caressed her head softly, then get up from the couch to open the door. Who ever it is, I have to face it.

Grabbing the door handle, I took a deep breath before opening the door. Of course it has to be him.

I walked out of the house and closed the door. It can't be help that it has to be his brother who visit me first.

"I still have a week before going back to work, Vincenzio." I said, not wanting to waste time and talk in circle.

"I know. I just want to see that you arrived safely." He said and I know that he only chit chatting before getting to the main point. "And my niece." He continued in a serious tone.

"You don't have a niece, Vincenzio. I left your brother years ago." I tried to fool him. But who am I trying to fool. It's Vincenzio we're talking about. I knew he have been trying to track me down and he did one time. That was the reason why I moved with the Revello family.

"I do, and she's inside." He told me firmly. His posture is held up, looked so formal to me and he have his hands on his back, locked together. "I want to meet her, Jamee." He stated.

"No." I rejected his request right away. I am not planning to show my daughter to anyone in his family, especially their father.

His shoulders sagged and he dropped in head in shame. Is he regretting something? It looked to me that he did. But after a few moments, he looked up again.

"Then just tell me her name." He tried to bargained. I shook my head, still not giving in. "Just her name, Jamee." He plead.

"Once you find out, everyone will know. I won't let you know." I strongly said. I have to protect her no matter what I have to do. If she can be unknown to them, it will be great.

"I won't tell anyone, I promise. You can hold me for that. You trust me last time, you know you can trust me." Vincenzio have a point. I did trusted him.

"Fiorelli." I finally told him. But, he looked like he's waiting. Did he expect me to tell him her full name?

He sighed in disappointment when he saw that I'm not planning to tell him about her full name and any other things about her.

"Give me her full name, Jamee." He asked.

"Do you have a lawyer?" He squinted his eyes at my question.

"Of course." He simply replied.

"Is your lawyer also his lawyer as well?" I asked again and I know he is getting suspicious.

"No, he have his own."

"If you want me to trust you. I want you to trust me as well." I said.

"You want me to trust you with my lawyer?" I nodded in confirmation. "Why do you need a lawyer?"

"I told you to trust me." I hold back the reason why I need a lawyer. I need a lawyer that can be trusted by his family.

"I'm not going to lend you my lawyer before you tell me what's the need for a lawyer." Vincenzio said.

"Then you can be satisfied with her first name only. I see that is the reason why you're here. Good day, Vincenzio." I turned around to get in to the house again. But he stopped me, I know he can never be satisfied with that when he intended to find out the whole thing.

"Give him a call. I'll let him know that you are my sister in law." He said, handing me a name card. I gladly accept it and will use it very wisely.

"I'm so sorry." He suddenly apologized which make me taken aback.

"What are you sorry for, Vincenzio?" I asked, wondering about his apology. Should I forgive him?

"I caused this trouble. I told father about you being James' wife. But I did it for a reason, Jamee. James didn't know about it until he came to confront me which was the day you left." He begin to explained and I don't know if I should be grateful or hurt that he betrayed my trust.

"I know he said hurtful things to you. But believe me, he didn't mean it." He continued. Throughout the story, he keep on looking at me in carefully.

"It doesn't matter, Vincenzio. It's been two and a half years, I have let go every grudges before coming back here. Until he find another maid to work for him, I'll be replacing Diane's place. I won't interfere." I told him calmly. Even though I am calm, my heart still aches.

"I want to help you, Jamee. But not to leave my brother." He said in determination.

"This help is enough for me, Vincenzio. Don't worry." I assured him. I don't need him to put his hands into my life or my daughter's. I'll let him be the uncle Fiorelli needs, but only up to that.

"It's Fiorelli Leone Jamee Nicoli." I told him before closing the door in front of his face without even saying goodbye.

" I told him before closing the door in front of his face without even saying goodbye

I felt like this chapter is lacking some feels. I will try to develop a stronger feel when it needed.

Thank you for sticking till this chapter.