ventisei

◇unedited

He glared at her and she ran out of the house in hurry. I guess she forgot why she came here for.

"Leave it, I'll call a cleaning company to do it." He told me and then stormed off upstairs. I watched his back until it disappeared.

I looked at the mess one last time before going to my house to get Fiorelli. I would leave James alone to cool off on his own. I didn't know why he got so angry at me for being nice to her.

I got into the house and Benjamin's eyes drifted to me.

"He was not pleased, was he?" He asked but sounded like telling me. He told me that James wouldn't like it, well he was right. But, I was nice enough to not throw her out as James did. At least, it was him and not me.

"He will get over it," I replied and then my eyes goes to my Fiorelli who had fallen asleep on the couch with Benjamin as protection.

"Your daughter is very well behaved. She didn't cry at all or even look for you." His praise made me proud of myself. I knew that Fiorelli would be a good girl, she always had been.

"I know, she's my gem."

"I'll get going now. Do you need my help any further?" He asked as he was about to leave.

"No, thank you." He nodded and left.

I walked closer to Fiorelli and picked her up. I planned to move her to the room when James walked in.

"Let her sleep in my room." He said straightforwardly.

"James," I was about to protest but when I looked at him, I knew he was no better than earlier. I silently walked out of the house and back to the main house. I could hear him walking behind me but I didn't look back.

I laid her in the middle of the bed, so she had enough space to move around. Straightening my body, I walked out hoping he would talk to me, but I was met with silence.

Sighing, I got back to work to lose the time.

It's going to be a long day.

-

As dinner time approached, I didn't see James even once downstairs and Fiorelli doesn't make a sound. I would have an excuse if Fiorelli was making a fuss, so I could go up to his room.

This silence was killing me slowly, did he get that upset?

Finished with the dinner, I served them on the dining table. After making sure her chair was placed beside his, I go upstairs.

I heard him talking as I approached his room and his door was ajar.

"Your mama is stubborn, Papa doesn't like that about her. She won't listen to me when I told her to. Don't be like that, okay?" I frowned. Did he just talk to our daughter about how mad he was towards me?

"Be my sweet girl, always. Don't be stubborn like mama and don't be stupid like Papa. You just need to be perfect. If Papa was not stupid, I wouldn't miss out on you in the womb and being born. You used to be so tiny and cry a lot, huh? Papa is so proud of mama for raising you."

That just brought a smile to my face instantly.

"Won't you come out, my little eavesdrop?" I got startled when his loud voice reached mine. Did I just get caught? What an unlucky day.

"Dinner is ready," I told him as I tried to be calm and didn't act like I just got caught redheaded.

"Okay." He got up from the bed along with Fiorelli on his chest. She just looked like a butterfly latched onto his chest.

He walked ahead of me and I followed him silently.

"Are you still upset with me?" I lowly asked as we made our way down the stairs. I couldn't see his face and I could only see his hair.

"Hmm," he hummed.

"What did I do wrong? Is it wrong to be polite to a guest?" I asked.

"I told you not to, but you disobey me. How many times did I say that already?"

"But still, she's -," I guessed he knew what I was going to say and I also knew I am going to anger him again.

"Don't." He warned me to the hardcore. He stopped walking just right when we landed on the first floor. "Here, you can take her and rest up for the day. Don't forget to eat."

He handed me Fiorelli and walked away to the dining table. I thought he was going to bring her to eat with him, I even prepared her chair. But he told me to go now.

I sighed and dropped my head on my daughter's shoulder. Why does it hurt seeing him being so upset with me?

I decided to listen to him and got back home. We could get some rest as he told me. It wouldn't hurt that much, would it? I hoped he would feel better tomorrow. I hated it when he was being like this to me.

"I'll warm up some milk for you. Would you like that, my sweet girl?" I put her down on her playmat, so I could still have eyes on her when I heated my pre-pump breastfeed milk.

I stored my milk in the fridge, that way I wouldn't have to breastfeed her all the time.

"Ma-ma." She smiled at me as I handed her the milk on a bottle. Then, I joined her by sitting close to her on the playmat.

"What else does Papa say to you, Fio? Mama wants to know." I caressed her hair and she slowly lie down on my lap to finish her milk.

My body sat there with Fiorelli, but my mind had traveled far away. Now I'm wondering, how had he been for that last two and a half years? I couldn't imagine watching him with bloodied hands.

 Now I'm wondering, how had he been for that last two and a half years? I couldn't imagine watching him with bloodied hands