𝟎𝟐: 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬

* * * * 

* * * * 

September 1, 1976

By the time the train stopped at Hogsmede Station, everyone had changed into their school robes. Avery and Evanna sporting the Gryffindor crest and Jack and Summer flaunting Hufflepuff. 

The carriages to transport the students to the castle were magically expanded to fit as many people as it may. So, the group felt as though they really hated magic when they were stuck in the same carriage as The Marauders. 

"Out of all the people in this damned school," Avery groaned. "The 'Marauders'. Please." He said it with the air quotes and everything. 

"Hush, Ave." Evanna chided. "Be nice, or don't say anything at all."

Avery didn't respond. Instead he pursed his lips and his nostrils flared out of stubbornness. 

"Really Avery?" Summer frowned.

"She said don't say anything if I wasn't going to be nice, so-" He zipped his lips like he was locking his mouth closed. He threw the 'key' over his shoulder. 

Evanna sighed a deep sigh and then hulled herself into the carriage where Lily Evans and Marlene McKinnon were chatting. She then sat down across from Lilly and Jack came in helping up Summer. Then Avery. Then Remus Lupin, who was carrying a bar of chocolate and a book. Then Sirius Black, who was seemingly looking at Remus with an admirable look on his face when he didn't think anyone else would notice. Peter Pettigrew, next, seemed to have anxiety flowing through every one of his pores, but after a while, he seemed to calm down more. Then, James, being as loud and obnoxious as ever to anyone that didn't know he just loved being passionate about certain subjects. 

At first, it was quiet in the carriage, no one knowing what to say. Avery was openly glaring at James who was googling at Lily. Sirius noticed. 

"Oi. Thomas, isn't it?" he said.

"Who's asking?" Avery responded curtly.

"Do you have a problem with James or something?" 

'Oh no', Evanna thought. 

"Now that you mention it, I do," Avery responded and Evanna knew that if he needed to, could use his wand which was in the pocket of his robes. 

"Avery, no." Evie gave him a stern look. 

"What? He asked! I'm just being honest.

"NO." Summer, Evanna, and Jack all called out simultaneously, seemingly bored. 

Avery rolled his eyes and glared out the window of the carriage uttering things under his breath. 

Sirius and James raised an eyebrow at each other but didn't say anything else on the matter. Even Sirius had self-control. When he wanted to.