piper's birthday

art by: soia_jpg

Today's was Piper's birthday. and she's really excited. She gets to hang out with her friends and see Annabeth. Oh how she wish that she wasn't scared and could confess her feelings to Annie. But atlas, she was a lesbian that can't talk to pretty women. She sighs and waits for Nico and Will to arrive.

She was laying on the couch, upside down watching Phineas and ferb, enjoying her birthday morning. She started mocking Dr. Doofenshmirtz 'ah perry the platypus!' then laughing her ass off.

A knock at the door interrupted her laughing. She groans and gets up to open the door. Nico and Will standing there holding presents.

"Did I hear you groan before you opened the door?" Nico asked.

"No, that was the tv." She said, you know like a liar.

"Sure."

Piper rolled her eyes and let them in.

~

Nico and Will helped her set up for her party. Everything was perfect, but something did feel wrong. Her anxiety was going through the roof and she didn't know why. Nico noticed her distress.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I don't know. I guess I'm a little nervous."

"Why? Are you planning on ask Annabeth out? She definitely in love with you."

"Wait, what? She is?"

"I mean, I think so. I've seen how she looks at you." Nico leans over the kitchen island and calls for Will. "Tesoro, do you think that Annabeth has a crush on Pipes?"

"Uh, I don't know. I haven't really noticed."

Nico narrows his eyes. "Really? You usually are good at that stuff. "

"Well usually I don't have a ton of mental health problems." He retorted.

"Guys, do not have a fight in on my birthday." Piper intervened.

"Sorry." They said in unison.

~

The party was going great. She was really happy to see all of her friends in the same place all at once. The only thing that was wrong was the fact that Piper was avoiding Annabeth. She didn't know why, I guess what Nico said kind of scared her. Then, she saw Annabeth walking her way and panicked. She grabbed the first person that was close to her, which was Thalia, and started talking to her.

"Hey Thals, how have you been?" Piper said nervously, looking over Thalia's shoulder to see Annabeth talking to Will. Annabeth looked over at her, narrowing her eyes.

"I'm good. Uh what exactly are you doing?" Thalia asked.

"I don't know. Talking?"

"Why are you avoiding Annabeth? Did something happen between you two?"

"Uh... I don't know. I guess I just been busy with everything else."

Thalia nods.

~

Everyone has left, except Annabeth. She was helping Piper clean up.

"Hey can I ask you something?" She asked, suddenly.

"Uh yeah sure." Piper said, her back facing away from Annabeth.

"Did I do something?"

Piper looks at her. "W-what?"

"You've been avoiding me all day. What did I do wrong?"

"Nothing!"

"Then why were you avoiding me?"

"I don't know."

"Just tell me what I did wrong! Piper, gods, please."

"Look, I don't know why I've been avoiding you. I'm telling the truth."

"No you're not! You're hiding something. And it has to do with me. Just Tell me!"

"I can't! I just...I just can't. I'm sorry."

"Can you at least tell me why?"

Piper shakes her head. Annabeth sighs and wiped the tears from her face that Piper just noticed was there.

"Well, I'm going to go now."

"Annie-"

"Goodbye Piper."

And with that, Annabeth left. Piper started crying. She couldn't help it. Annabeth probably hates her now. Gods why couldn't she have told her. 

"Stupid, stupid, stupid." She kept muttering.

After she calm down, she texted Nico

Beautyqueen: nico, i fucked up

~

a/n: another cliffhangers? what am i? rick riordan? But yall going to get it in two days instead of years.