chapter three

chapter iii : james potter

(september, 1991)

Lydia left James Potter's house a few hours later.

James Potter. James Potter. James Potter.

What could be said about him after their interaction? Well, he seemed nice enough for one. Great laugh. Nice eyes and a smile so bright it could rival the sun. He seemed closed off but open. Shy but also not. Loud but quiet. Sad but not enough that you'd notice unless you look close enough. He seemed enthusiastic but melancholy. A bit cocky but not enough to annoy you. An enigma. That's what James Potter was.

Lydia knows she can be a bit annoying and persistent and sometimes wouldn't take no for answer. These could be good traits or majorly bad ones. She thought in most situations they were useful skills to have and sometimes not so much. Right now with the whole James Potter situation she could be leading herself into that behavior but the man needs company and she really needs a friend besides Millie and Art  so two birds, one stone. Simple as that!

So tomorrow, she will knock on James Potter's door again with (maybe banana bread this time?) and make conversation, which may lead into a further friendship. She could fuck it up by you know, being herself but she's gonna try her best.

**

It's nearing 8pm when Mille opens the door to there apartment and closes very loudly, which startles Lydia awake from her spot on the living room couch.

"How was your day!" Millie asked setting her bag down and jumping into the couch to join Lydia.

"I went to see the neighbor, I told you this morning" Lydia said to Millie still half asleep.

"Your mystery man!" Millie joked with a smile.

"James is just a friend or in the future will be my friend. He's cool and stuff. Seems decent enough for my standards" Lydia said back.

"Standards, you have none!" Millie jokes and Lydia threw a pillow at her.

"Yeah, I must cause I'm friends with you" the brunette joked back.

"Well, at least Art still loves me, who by the way is prettier than you!" Millie joked.

"Fuck you, Millie! I am much  prettier than that thing" shouted Lydia shouted.

"I'm going to fuck you up" her best friend yelled at her lunging for her across the couch.

And that's how their night went. They finally stopped bickering and stayed up late drinking cocoa and talking till the early hours of the morning like most days in the life of Lydia and Millie. Art too, when he doesn't go into his periods where he totally ghosts them for weeks. They don't know like anything about him for the most part but they did know the things that count so that's ok, (we'll meet him soon, there is a reason they don't know anything about him.