12. Salt

Arden Serrano

"Fuck." I said as I realised how close we were standing right now.

My hands firmly wrapped around her slim waist and her fingers gripping my neck. Our bodies were so close to each other's. Even though we've been intimate with each other, the skin contact was igniting something in both of us. I have already tried my best to ignore her thoughts but couldn't.

The way she looks at me, the way she dances, the way she laughs, the way she talks, the way she gets angry...

The way she exists.

She awkwardly cleared her throat and I lifted our bodies up, in a standing position.

"We should... umm... start with the ta-tacos." She stuttered a bit. I take it she's affected by our proximity too.

"Sure." I said as I gently ran my hand through my hair.

I minced the meat while Jasmine chopped the vegetables. I want the tacos to be healthy and nourishing so we're going to add bell peppers, onion, tomatoes and olives.

"Why don't you cook though?" I asked as I saw her chop the vegetables rather nice.

"Actually, my mom and dad both are excellent cooks but I am not. Why'd you ask?" She answered and counter questioned.

"I actually wanted to be a stock broker." I said.

"What?" She asked as she stopped chopping and looked at me with a cute pout on her lips. Her pink, cherry flavoured, kissable lips.

I saw her lip balm.

"If you aren't answering my question, neither am I going to." I said. She gave me a fake smile and then rolled her eyes.

"The reason is embarrassing. There are a couple of incidents that made me restrict myself in the kitchen." She said, clearly embarrassed.

She looked down at her vegetables, picking up the knife she started cutting them.

The strands of hair that missed out of being in the bun, framed her face, giving her a shield from my gaze.

I decided against pushing her to tell me the story.

"Do you mind making me some guacamole? I like them with my tacos." I said as I handed her two avocados.

"Just narrate me how to." She said as she deseeded them.

"Mash them finely in a bowl." She did as I said and then looked at me again.

"Add some diced onion, minced garlic and some tomatoes. Mix them but don't squash the tomatoes too much." She added everything to the bowl and mixed it gently.

"Now pass the bowl to me." She handed me the bowl. I added some spices to the bowl and mixed it again.

"I'm done with the fillings here." I said.

"Now we gotta bake them?" She questioned.

"Since I don't have the traditional taco shells, we'll use the tortillas." I said.

"Okay."

I heated the tortillas on a skillet and filled it with the fillings I just prepared.

"Shall I make some vodka-lemonade?" She asked.

"Of course." I said.

She sliced up some lemons and added a small part of vodka to our glasses. She added the lemon juice and water to it.

"So, Jas, who's your favourite cousin out of them all?" I asked.

"I can't answer that. I love them all." She said. She tossed a couple of cubes of ice in the glasses.

"Still. If someone were to die out of them, who'd you miss more?" I asked. She turned to me and slapped my shoulder.

"That's a horrible thing to say." She said. She kept her hands on her waist and I'd be lying if I said she didn't look ultra cute.

"Fine. Just trying to start a conversation." I said.

"Conversation or a fight." She said.

"Your choice." I said.

"I love Sara 0.001% more. Don't you dare expose me!" She said and I nodded with a smirk.

"Come on, the tacos are done. Let's eat." I said as I served the hot tacos on two plates for us.

We sat on the kitchen island, side by side and she kept our glasses of lemonade on the table.

"I made flan earlier." I said as I kept the plate of flan on the table too.

"This is mouth-watering. I am so good." She said as she took the first bite of the tacos.

"I made those." I said.

"Fine. But the guacamole is tasty too." She said.

"I added the spices to it." I corrected her.

"Damn it! The lemonade is the best drink you'll ever have. It's so delicious." She said.

"You haven't even tasted it yet, Jas." I deadpanned.

She huffed and turned towards me. She folded her hands against her chest.

"I don't need to. I already know that." She said.

"Okay then, let's taste it." We picked our glasses together and took a sip of the lemonade.

"Fucking bitch!" She said as she got up to fetch the salt she forgot to add in the lemonade.

I, on the other hand, laughed my ass off at her cute actions.

"Stop laughing before I eat all of your tacos and drink all the lemonade." She said.

"Whatever you say, Trouble." I stifled a laugh.

~ The Tacos ~

~ The Flan ~

A/N: I'm not sorry for the pictures 💀

QOTD: What's your signature dish (If you have one)?