35. Epilogue

5 years later...

Jasmine Serrano

"Rafael? Rafael, where are you?" I called out as I climbed down from my room.

I searched the kitchen, his room, Arden's study, the kids' room and the theatre. He was nowhere to be seen. I walked outside the house, to our large garden.

There he is.

My five-year-old son, Rafael and Arden, my husband.

It's been 5 years since we've been married and it all still seems like a dream. He's the best husband I could've asked for and as he promised, the best father to our children.

Yeah, children. We are proud parents of two beautiful boys.

Rafael Axel and Lorenzo Diego.

I've given both my sons their middle name from their late uncle's name.

Axel's full name was Axel Diego Serrano.

Rafael and Lorenzo are both Spanish-Italian names, just like the boys' ethnicity. Over the years, Arden and I have tried our best to inculcate both cultures' manners and traditions in them.

We see so much of Axel in both the boys. Their hair, their sense of humor, Lorenzo's smile. We always feel as if Axel with us, in the face of our boys.

"We're here, mum!" Rafael replied from the glass house. The glass house is his favourite place in the whole house. Him and I have built it together about 3 years ago. It's more of a greenhouse which contains flowers and pots.

We have two small greenhouses in the garden actually. Ones more of a family house, it contains small chairs and tables where Arden and I usually sit and enjoy watching our children run around the garden, playing.

The second one is a glass house full of flowers and pots as I said.

"Where's your brother?" I asked Rafael as I walked towards my two elder boys.

"Hey, baby." Arden greeted me as he wrapped his arm around my waist and gave me a quick peck on the cheek.

"Hey." I whispered as I snaked my arms around his neck.

"He's out with Uncle Darius and Aunt Sara." Rafael replied.

"It's just them?" I asked him.

"They didn't feel scared seeing as it's light outside but don't worry, our son is baptised." Arden said.

"Shut it, smartas- smarty pants." I said with squinted eyes. I was about to say 'smartass' but refrained since Rafael was standing by us.

"Why didn't you go along with them?" I questioned Rafael.

"He woke up late this morning." Arden said and I looked to him sharply.

"And whose fault is that?" I kept my hands on my waist and gave Rafael a strict look.

"I'm sorry, mum. Dad and I were watching The Lion King last night so we slept late." Rafael explained.

"In his defence, he choose the movie." Arden said and I slapped his shoulder.

"Don't blame my son. I'm very sure you insisted on completing the movie last night itself." I said and Rafael hugged my leg as a thank you for defending him.

"So, Lorenzo's with the Aritis?" I asked.

"Yeah. They took all the children out today for Ares' birthday." Arden informed me.

"But isn't his birthday tomorrow? Why the celebrations today?" I asked.

"Can I get a fruit bowl? I'm hungry." Rafael interrupted mine and Arden's conversation.

"Sure, honey. Ask, Abigail, she'll provide you with it." I said referring to our house-help. We hired her cause she's a great cook and after the marriage, Arden and I needed some help around the house. Agatha, Arden's former house-help, quit after two years of our marriage because she had to shift with her son, for his college studies. Abigail and Agatha are cousins.

"Okay, thanks mum." Rafael said as he started running towards the house.

"Don't forget to thank her!" I shouted and he screamed back a 'yes'.

"It's a pre-birthday thing." Arden answered my earlier question.

"Ahan. Did they mention when they'll be returning?" I asked as Arden and I walked inside, to the kitchen.

"We have about 20 minutes till his arrival." Arden said as he kept a pan on the stove and added some milk to it.

"We shall continue with breakfast till then." I suggested.

"Or we can continue what we were doing this morning in the shower." Arden whispered huskily in my ear after placing a kiss on my earlobe.

I lightly nudged him and luckily Abigail and Rafael didn't notice his actions or heard his sentence.

"Shall I make something to eat?" I offered.

"No mum. I love you, but you can't cook." Rafael said from the kitchen island. I heard Arden laugh beside me.

"No ice-cream for a month, Rafael Axel Serrano." I said and he immediately apologised.

"Can I have some more fruits?" Rafael asked.

"Jas, please pass him the other bowl. It's on the other table." Abigail said.

"What table?" I asked.

"Are there ten tables?" My elder son sassed.

"I swear, I hate you, and your sassy genes." I said as I pointed at Arden.

"Hmm, doesn't seam like it." Arden said as he wrapped his hands around my waist and pecked my lips.

"Eww, mum." Lorenzo said as he entered the kitchen. I guess the Aritis just dropped him off here.

"My sons hate me." I said with a fake crying face.

"We love you mumma." Both of them said as they walked towards me and hugged me. I bent to their height and they kissed my cheeks.

"I love you too, babies." I said and kissed both their heads.

"And I love you three." Arden said.

"And we all love you Abigail." We said in unison and she chuckled with a smile.

~ The End ~

Arden Serrano
Jasmine Serrano
Rafael Serrano
Lorenzo Serrano

Thank You