TWO- The Boot Was Mean!

After explaining everything to John, the three of them went inside. John was still shocked by all of the news and was staring at Mrs. Hudson and Anita, both of which were unfazed by this. John's therapist went over to her laptop.

"Did you call the police?" John asked.

"Of course I didn't call the police; I'm not a civilian! Plus, we have Anita!" Mrs. Hudson exclaimed as she gestured over at Anita, who offered a small smile.

"Culverton Smith?" John's therapist asked. Anita turned to her, tilting her head slightly. She felt familiar; like Anita knew her. It was on the tip of Anita's tongue and she just couldn't place it.

"Yeah."

"This, I think, is relevant from this morning," she said and showed the trio the blog about how Sherlock has accused Culverton of being a serial killer.

"Christ, Sherlock on Twitter, He really has lost it," John muttered and Anita glared over at him.

"Don't you dare make jokes, don't you dare!" Anita insisted, huffing at him.

"We were terrified!" Mrs. Hudson continued.

"You need to see him, John. You need to help him!" Mrs. Hudson pleaded.

"No," John replied, flatly.

"He needs you! Anita needs you! She needs your help!" Mrs. Hudson begged.

"Somebody else! Not me, not now," John insisted as he turned away from the two of them. But Anita caught his arm and whipped him back around to face her, her eyes narrowed.

"Now, you just listen to me for once in your life! I know Mary's dead and I know your heart is broken, but if Sherlock Holmes dies too, who will you have then?!" Anita's voice didn't need to raise volumes, her tone was enough for John. He just stared at her; he couldn't think of anything else to do. Anita never talked to him like that, not in all the years he'd known her.

"Because I'll tell you something, John Hamish Watson, you will NOT have me!" Anita finished before storming out of the front door.

"Anita!" Mrs. Hudson cried as she chased after Anita, who was ranting outside the door, her arms thrown up in the air. John looked over at the doorway and saw Mary standing there. She nodded at John, signaling to him to follow after the pair. John sighed before doing so.

"Men are useless! Must we do everything?" Anita growled as she kicked the car tire in her frustration. Mrs. Hudson had folded her arms over the roof of the car and started to cry. Anita sighed before going to the woman's side and rubbing her back.

"Have you spoken to Mycroft? Molly? Anyone?" John asked as he walked up to the two women.

"They don't matter, you do," Anita muttered, shaking her head. Mrs. Hudson looked up and over at John.

"Would you just see him? Please, John? Or just take a look at him as a doctor! I know you'd change your mind if you did," she begged. John looked between Anita's pleading face and Mrs. Hudson's shaking, crying form.

"Yeah, look, okay, maybe. If I get the chance."

"You promise?" Anita asked as Mrs. Hudson removed herself from the car roof.

"I'll try if I'm in the area," John replied.

"Promise us?" Mrs. Hudson begged.

"I promise," John repeated and Anita smirked slightly. Oh, he was so easy.

"Thank you," Mrs. Hudson and Anita said and the two of them walked over to the trunk of the car. John stared at the two in confusion when Mrs. Hudson opened the trunk to reveal Sherlock Holmes lying inside, looking up at the two women fearfully, shaking and handcuffed.