SEVEN- Au Revoir, Mary Watson

"I had, of course, several other back up plans. Trouble is, I couldn't remember what they were," Sherlock said as he sat in his chair, holding a mug in his hand, back at 221B. He had on his dark blue dressing gown over his clothes. He still had his stubble, which Anita had been trying to get him to shave off, but his hair was significantly fluffier and cleaner. The flat was much tidier, all evidence of Culverton Smith being removed and the fire was lit.

"And, of course, I hadn't really anticipated that I'd hallucinate meeting his daughter," Sherlock continued to John, who was sitting in his chair also holding a mug. John nodded at him as he heard Mary say,

"Basically he trashed himself on drugs so that you'd help him...so you'd have something right to do, something doctory. You get that now, though?"

"Still a bit troubled by the daughter. Did seem very real, and she gave me information I couldn't have acquired elsewhere," Sherlock said, softly, after taking a drink from his mug and lowering his gaze to the floor.

"But she wasn't ever here?" John questioned.

"Interesting, isn't it? I have theorized before that if one could attenuate to every available data stream in the world simultaneously, it would be possible to anticipate and deduce almost anything," Sherlock commented as he sniffed and looked down, pensively.

"Hm. So you dreamed up a magic woman which told you things you didn't know," John replied, nodding.

"Well, it sounds about right to me. Possibly I'm biased," Mary told John.

"Perhaps the drugs opened certain doors in my mind," Sherlock offered before looking away and thinking it over for a moment, "I'm intrigued."

"Oh, I know you are, which is why Anita and I are taking turns to keep you off the sweeties," John stated.

"I thought we were just hanging out," Sherlock commented, lowering his mug. John looked at his watch before looking back up at Sherlock.

"Anita should be here in a few minutes."

"Oh, I do think I can last a few minutes without supervision," Sherlock told John as he smiled over at him. John looked down, weighing his options. Anita would certainly kill him if he left, but...

"Well, if you're sure," John said.

"Too late. Already back," Anita said walking into the flat with some grocery bags. Her cut had healed, but the skin was clearly still a little tender. But that didn't slow her down any. John stared at Anita for a moment. Anita Holmes was in a dress. It was a cute blue summer dress and her hair was pulled back in a wonky braid, something John knew was Sherlock's doing. He walked in on them once before quickly walking out. Sherlock would have killed him to keep that a secret, John was sure. But the whole dress was throwing John off.

"Oh, perfect timing!" John cheered as Anita set the bags on the kitchen table, pulling down the hem of her dress slightly. John cleared his throat as Anita started to put stuff away, a smile stuck on her face.

"Uh, sorry, I've got to go, it's just, um...you know...Rosie," John said and Anita's smile faltered slightly as Sherlock looked down.

"Oh yes, of course, Rosie," Anita and Sherlock replied.

"Christ, John, stay. Talk! Go and solve a crime together. Watch Sleepless in Seattle with Anita! Make Sherlock wear the hat!" Mary shouted in John's head.

"We should, uh, come and see her soon," Sherlock commented as Anita walked into the living room from the kitchen, wrapping her arms around herself.

"Yes," John replied, flatly.