Chapter 23

Lucya

"I knew it." A faith smile escaped my lips and my eyes were teary with betrayal. I had sex with someone who was destroying my life but something was there—like a bond.

"You should hate me."

"I agree you killed her but you have your own reasons. Losing your three months unborn was nothing related to my forty years old mother. Afterall she was betraying me. Lied about my biological father. Having an extra marital affair with Trinidad. It all makes sense to me. Why should I hate you when I've built a soft corner in heart for you."

His intense eyes glanced me for a moment then his lips curled into a smile. "You like me?" He whispered with furrowed brows.

I nodded my head with a half smile before hugging him. He hugged my back while holding me with possessive grip. I felt his body relaxed. He kissed my neck then buried his head where my shoulder and neck meets. It feels really good to have him around my arms. I hoped we could get an easier life than we've survived.

***

LEA

Two months later.

My eyes landed on Damien as he walked down the aisle with Lucya beside of him. The smile on Maximo's face is unpredictable, all I wished for him was—he deserved happiness. And this is the most precious moment of his life.

I still remember how we were all stunned when he announced about a November wedding. This is a perfect season for our Godfather wor get married.

I stood behind of Maximo and watched the entire scene of the wedding. Damien looked dashing in the black suit, I wonder when will he realised how much I loved him, I adore everything about him, the torn, flaws and past. He is the embodiment of perfection through my view but he kept of ditching me every time I tried to make a move.

Nothing can be happier than watching my two best friends getting married. Maximo abducted her and treated her harshly yet I knew from the very beginning that he loved her. Lucya came into his life as light and enlightened his darkness.

Lucya is pregnant and she said that I am the only one knowing it. She haven't told Maximo yet, she said she would tell him after the wedding. I know Maximo will be a great father.

***

Lucya

I can't believed that I am now married to Maximo. We were at his mansion. In a blink there were a loud sound, it was the sound of gun. Bullets began to flow all over the place. Maximo was already fighting  back with the support of his men. I just got married and all this things are happening. When would I live a life without trouble?

"Lucya careful." Lea pushed me. The bullets were darting to simultaneous motions making it difficult for us to run.

Placing my palm on my stomach I covered my body with the pillar and peek from it then noticed a glimpse of Damon Doeven standing by the other side of the pillar. He gave me a crooked smirk.

"Baby." He said in a Russian accent.

He had a gun in hand. My heart picked a rate at that time I felt heartsick for my husband. If I got killed today he will lost an unborn child and his wife and I don't want him to endure more consequences because of my vicious father. I am the only person who could liberate Maximo and I bequest to give him the life he deserve. When Damon pointed the gun to me all I had in mind was to finish this chapter.

"Dad." I blurt out while locking my eyes with him. The gun dropped from his hand when Lea hit Damon with her gun. She tossed the handgun to me and within a second I pulled the trigger and shot him in between his eyes. The blood spilled on my white dress and I guess that's the actual nature of being the daughter of a mafia and wife of the godfather instead of believing tears to leak from my eyes a smile embraced my lips.

His body falls on the floor leaving the floor flooded with blood. Maximo and his crew stride inside they all watched me with a glorious face, their weapons dropped and they knelt on the floor showing a sign of respect, placing their hand near the heart they bowed their head and when they lifted their head they all gazed at me and said.

"Welcome to his mafia world."