Introduction

My writing has always been about me trying to say something but feeling as though I can't express it plainly. It's always been an exercise of making sense of the things happening to and around me. I'm not sure what that quite means for me and my own self-expression but I know the exercise of writing has allowed me to work through some of the most difficult, persistent feelings of my life. 

'I can't help but thinking you are the star' is no different. With this poetry collection, I knew I had to write what I was experiencing. I've pushed these poems out of me during moments where I felt as though I could not produce anymore and I've grown because of it. The poetry and its subject aren't new or unique to me, I don't think, but my approach to them is. 

The growth, the pushing, the emotions, are what I hope you will feel the most from this collection. 'I can't help but thinking you are the star' is, in a lot of ways, me slowing down, pausing mid-run to understand myself and my feelings in a way that I've always known I needed to do. All that during an emotional rollercoaster of a global pandemic. I hope you'll feel where I'm coming from.

TIMELINE

Releases: 23/07/21
Finishes: ??/??/??

DEDICATIONS

My long-time readers already know the vibes. With each update, I will randomly select a reader who votes and comments to dedicate my poem to! It's our little tradition at this point, my way of saying thank you for all of your support! And so it begins! Starting right now, comments and votes give you the chance to be dedicated! That's all it takes! This week's dedication goes to classicoverthinker for making the cover for this poetry collection!

I'll see you all on Friday with the first poem, until then be sure to add this book to your library so you get notified every time I update!