CHAPTER 53

_________________________________________                    ↻Blues↻

                   ↻Blues↻

     I peeked around the corner, staring at the large building I had been taking refuge in for the past few months.

     "This is the place you were talking about right?" I whispered to Natsu as he tiptoed closer.

     "Yeah," he whispered back, leaning behind me and pointing upwards, "I threw him to the second floor."

      "Ugh...I don't know whether I want him to be inside or not....." I groaned and took Natsu's hand to quickly run towards the building without being seen.

      "Is this an Inn?" Natsu asked me as I opened up a door which lead to the stair case.

      "I don't know what Aizawa called it, but sure!" I laughed, Natsu following along with my carefree laughter.

      His grin fell and his head tilted to the side, "Who's Aizawa?"

     I opened up the next door which lead to the second floor, "Let's hope we don't meet him!"

     His confusion only worsened and he followed me past three white doors with numbers written on the front of them.

     Lifting up the bottom of the black dress/cloak, I pulled a key from my skirt pocket.

     Unlocking the door, I opened it up to see a familiar blue cat sitting on a chair.

     My eyes widened at the sight and a huge smile grew across my face, "HAPPY!!"

     The cat's eyes opened slowly to meet mine and widened, "AKA!!"

     His cry reached my ears and I ran towards the cat.

     "AKA!" he screamed once more as I reached my hand to him, slowly realizing that I've never seen that chair there before, "RUN!!!"

      "UGh!!" I grunted as a long cloth shot out from the door beside me, wrapping around my body multiple times.

      "CRAP!" I yelled, my muscles burning as I fought against the bandages.

     "AKA!!" Natsu's eyes grew with fear and his hand lit with flames.

     "Don't move." a familiar, chilling voice spoke up as he walked out from the room, bandages clenched in his fists.

      "Aizawa!" I shouted, visible anger shown on my face, "Let me go!"

      He walked behind me and grabbed my shoulder, making sure to give a glare to the pinkette.

     "What?" he seethed, veins visible on his face, "You're not gonna play along with this kidnapping??"

     "Huh?" I asked, but he ignored me and began searching through his pocket.

     He pulled out a sharp object and pointed it towards Natsu as if it would help, "Get out."

     "Hah!?" Natsu yelled, "Like hell! Let go of her!!"

      "Why should I? I'm a hero and you're wanted for kidnapping."

     Natsu flinched and I tried looking back at Aizawa, but he shoved my head forward.

     "Leave now and I won't chase you. Maybe I won't even report you to the police."

     Natsu gritted his teeth and his eyes grew with rage, "I'M NOT LETTING AKA GO AGAIN!!"

     At his scream I clenched my eyes shut and bit my lip in pain, I don't want to do this!

     I slid my foot outwards and threw my body towards Aizawa. The suprise sent him tumbling into the wall.

     I quickly ran into Natsu's arms and he began throwing off the ropes because they wouldn't melt.

     He turned and began pulling me out the door when Aizawa spoke up once more.

     "Aren't you forgetting something?" His voice was dead calm as he held something up by the collar, face looking towards the ground.

     We glanced back and both of us yelled in sync, "Happy!!"

     "Here's the deal. Give Aka back and you get your cat."

     "Give her back?? You guys took her in the first place!" Natsu yelled his hands clenched at his sides.

     "I'M NOT AN OBJECT!!" I yelled back at the two men and Aizawa's head looked up at my outburst.

     My eyes widened at his face and he quickly turned his head downward and broke eye contact with me.

     Ignoring Natsu's small, "Sorry..." I took a step towards Aizawa.

     I see......

     "Aka?" Natsu called out.

     That's why he wouldn't let me see his face earlier.

     "What's wrong?" I asked him as I came close enough to stand in front of him. He showed no signs of defending himself.

     His head continued to look down and showed no reaction as I took the cat from his hands and carefully placed him on the couch next to us.

     His arms fell limp to his sides and wordlessly I turned back to him and wrapped my arms around his head.

     I felt him flinch in my arms and then his body began to shake.

     "There, there," I cooed as I began patting his hair down and his hands gripped the cloak around me, "I'm sorry for leaving you."

     "I'm not sad." he tried to tell me with a shaking voice and I smiled.

     "I know!" I tilted my head away from his, "But you looked lonely."

     Aizawa didn't respond, but slowly allowed his fingers to release my cloak, setting them back to his sides.

    With a frown Natsu came up behind us and glomped me from behind.

     I laughed at his antics and pulled away from Aizawa, him actually letting me see his face this time.

    He stared down at me with a frown per usual and looked away when I smiled up at him.

    He quickly stuck his hands back into his pocket and walked away into the kitchen.

    If he acts like that now, I sweat dropped, Imagine how bad he's gonna be 3 months from now.

    "Think we should tell him we'll be spending the night?" Natsu whispered in my ear.

     "Probably not...."

_______