CHAPTER 23

_________________________________________

                  ↻Apology ↻

    "Yeah, sensei is at the plaza holding back that giant group of villains." Tsu informed me, making my eyes grow wide.

     "There's gotta be too many of them for him to handle. We can't stand around and talk!" I started in the other direction, but a hand grabbed my shoulder.

     "Sensei is naturally planning to keep them under control, but it's not a stretch to think he flew into action to protect us and is over exerting himself as a result." Midoriya explained, his tight grip on my shoulder unwavering.

     "Eh? Don't be silly Midoriya, you're not saying we should....?" Mineta trailed off. This caused Midoriya's attention to change.

     "I'm not saying we should jump into the fray, if that's what you're thinking! Let's just see if they have any openings and relieve at least a little of Sensei's burden."

     The two of us made eye contact, in his eyes I could tell he wanted to jump in to help as much as me.

     I grinned and tightened the scarf around my neck, "Let's hurry up then!"

     He smiled back and the four of us crouched down, hiding behind the little wall that separated the plaza and the lake.

    Slowly, we made our way to the place Aizawa was fighting alone.

     "24 seconds."

    As we got closer we heard the white haired villain speak, watching as he ran towards the black haired hero.

     "Are you the favorite?" Aizawa asked, controlling his own scarf towards the villain's head.

     "20 seconds." the man grabbed a hold of the scarf, "19 seconds."

     "Tsk!" Aizawa clicked his tounge before leaping at the villain who held his scarf.

     "17 seconds." Aizawa pulled at the bandage, dragging the villain towards himself and elbowed his gut at the same time.

     "You keep running around so it's hard to tell...." the villain's raspy voice croaked out.

     "But...there are times when your hair falls over your eyes. It's whenever you complete an action and the time intervals keep getting shorter..and shorter."

    From where we crouched, I felt something come over me as the villain grabbed the elbow placed in his gut.

     "DON'T BITE OFF MORE THAN YOU CAN CHEW, ERASERHEAD!" Aizawa's elbow started to corrode, his skin–like glass–broke into millions of pieces.

     "AI-" a hand quickly flew over my mouth and stopped any sounds which I was about to make. To my right Midoriya sat, trembling, as his eyes begged me not to speak.