XIII. Gorgeous Witch at the Ball

--

Hermione's POV

It's about 11:30 in the evening, the night before the ball, I was here on the girls' bedroom in the Gryffindor Tower 'cause I'll sleep here. Yes, the ball, the Masquerade Ball before the Christmas Break.

*FLASHBACK*

Today, saturday again, one week before the Christmas Holidays. The surroundings were freezing cold and there lays the snow that was making the surroundings feel that the vacation was coming. I was on my way with Draco towards the Headmistress' Office. McGonagall owled us that she will tell us something important. We entered her office seeing the large portrait of the man who was truly admirable and wise, the former headmaster Albus Dumbledore.

"Good morning professor." We greeted the man who has a shining half-moon spectacles.

"Oh hello, Ms. Granger and Mr. Malfoy. I was right from the very start that you two will be together." He said with his usual half-smile.

"Uhm, I'm sorry?" I said curiously. What did professor mean that we're together?

"I just said that I knew from the very start that you two will be together." He said it again.

"We're not together professor. I mean, we're only here for a meeting with Professor McGonagall, uhm. . being heads." I explained.

"Oh, ....... ." He said but I didn't hear it. Draco wore his always charming Malfoy smirk.

"Come again, professor?" I said apologizingly.

"Uhm, I said here comes your headmistress." He said jokingly and his half-smile turned to a half-smirk with a wink. Too mysterious.

"You can clean your ears when you want to." Draco teased me. We turned around to face McGonagall.

"Come, sit." She said and gestured the chairs beside her table.

"Alright. One week before the holidays, I want the both of you to organize a ball, a christmas ball next saturday. Invite the prefects for a meeting tonight. Make posters and take note of this, make sure that everyone has a date. Got it?" McGonagall explained and we only nodded.

"Dismissed." McGonagall finished. We got out of the office having comfortable silence.

"I-" we said in unison.

"You first." He said, his gray eyes looking to me.

"Erm, can we call the prefects now? So we can do the posters early and post it as well when we start patrolling." I asked.

"Alright." He uttered.

"Uhm so, I'll tell the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw Prefects. You'll tell The Slytherins and Hufflepuffs." I requested.

"I don't want to go to the Hufflepuffs! I'll be the one to inform the Slytherins and Ravenclaws. Alright?" He said angrily. Pride again, as always. I can't help but to smile.

"Alright, alright. I'm going now." I said and he only nodded. What's happening? He's very odd.

I went to the Hufflepuffs and told them to go to the common room after 30 minutes before going to the Gryffindor tower to tell Harry and Ginny to also go to the common room. After half-an-hour, I went back to the common room with Harry and Ginny. We entered the portrait hole and sat on the couch in front of the waving fire.

"So, where's the prefects?" I asked Draco.

"Erm, they're all going." Draco said and looked at the wrist watch I gave him before saying "they'll be here in 5 minutes."