31 | in your arms

I've watched sunsets before, but sunset in Paris with Luna in my arms can't be compared to any of those

I've watched sunsets before, but sunset in Paris with Luna in my arms can't be compared to any of those. We're standing at the balcony of my hotel room, watching the entire city, the Eiffel Tower, and the sun setting in the background.

I wrap my arms around her waist from behind, kissing her hair as she sighs. The view before us is breathtaking, but to me, nothing is more beautiful than her.

Bliss and contentment fill my insides. I've never felt this whole, this complete.

"It's so beautiful," Luna says, placing her hands on my arms around her waist, resting her head against my chest comfortably. "Everything looks more beautiful now. I've never been this happy." She turns her head to look at me, her pretty smile spread on her face.

"You deserve it," I whisper.

She really deserves it. She's been through a lot, and remembering what those cunning people have done to her makes me want to break something.

Luna smiles at me while I'm still hugging her from behind. "Thank you for everything, Max."

When I see the unshed tears in her eyes, my breath catches in my throat. They are happy tears, I suppose.

"Thank you for being with me when I had the worst time of my life," she whispers.

No sound leaves my throat. I stare into her enchanting chocolate eyes, allowing myself to be hypnotized by them. Luna circles her arm around my neck, and her face draws closer to mine.

Her lips suddenly brush against mine, and my body freezes.

My heart bursts.

She kisses me. Luna kisses me.

Her kiss is so soft, and I can tell how inexperienced she is. Her lips move tentatively, slowly, like she's unsure whether she's doing the right thing or not.

I wonder if this is how it feels to be in heaven. She tastes divine. I kiss her back with all my heart, tightening my hold on her, and I can tell from the way her shoulders relax that she begins to calm down. She must have mustered all the courage in her to kiss me first.

While we're kissing, I can feel how hard my heart is pounding inside my ribcage. It's thumping wildly -- it's not even healthy.

Something is definitely wrong with it. Goddammit, something is wrong with my heart.

It can't contain all these feelings for her. It beats extremely fast that I feel like it can explode anytime.

 It beats extremely fast that I feel like it can explode anytime