33 | take my soul

AN:
Hi guys, this is a quick update. Before you read this chapter, please make sure that you've read Chapter 32 - Be Mine.

And I want to say thank you for being on this journey with #Lunax.

My chest is heaving up and down as I stare at Luna sitting at the bleacher

My chest is heaving up and down as I stare at Luna sitting at the bleacher. She's staring at me, but she still doesn't say any word.

Goddammit. I just asked her to be my girlfriend in front of the entire school.

Victory for winning the game has never tasted better, but I must admit that I'm crazy, because all the eyes on this football field are now on us.

People are holding their breaths, waiting for her answer.

My heart is thumping wildly. Will she say yes?

I've done my best to make her favorite scene come true. This is cheesy, I know, but nothing can stop me from showing her that this kind of moment belongs to her.

Fuck. I just want to see that smile on her face.

Luna stands up, and I notice how her eyes look glassy. Are they happy tears?

Damn, my anxiety is killing me. My heart isn't in a healthy state to cooperate right now.

My stupid mind is waiting for a cue for me to run up the bleacher and kiss her.

Luna walks down the bleacher, and my heart beats faster the closer she approaches me. To my amazement, our audience is silent too, I'm starting to think that they can feel how anxious I am.

But then, as soon as Luna comes down from the bleacher, she rushes into the building, leaving me dumbfounded.

Stunned.

Frozen.

You name it.

The crowds begin to murmur, and frantic whispers echo in my ears, snapping me back into reality. My legs move, chasing Luna into the building, even when I don't remember moving them.