Chapter 16

Harry POV from when he left

I woke up early, around six thirty. If Louis thought that this was all messing around then I had no reason to be here any longer.

I slipped out of bed without waking Louis and pulled on some boxers, jeans, a shirt and a hoodie. I dragged my bag out from under the bed and silently filled it with all my clothes, grabbing everything that was mine from the bathroom.

Then I left Louis sleeping in bed and went downstairs. I grabbed my phone from where I left it on the coffee table and ordered a taxi, which would arrive in about fifteen minutes. Then I got everything else from downstairs that was mine and added it to my bag, zipping it shut and leaving it by the door.

I grabbed my shoes, slipped them on and tied the laces, then grabbed a bar from the kitchen cupboard and ate that. I would eat breakfast on the train.

The taxi pulled up and it honked the horn from outside to let me know. I tossed the wrapper from the bar in the rubbish bin and headed to the door, picking up my bag.

I opened the front door, let it close behind me and I walked to the taxi parked in the street. I opened the door to the backseat and tossed my bag in. I heard the front door open behind me and Louis' voice was calling my name.

I ignored him and asked the taxi driver to take me to the train station. Then I sat down, closed the door and buckled my seatbelt. Louis went back inside. If he was going to give up that easily then I was glad I was going.

The taxi driver didn't talk much which I was glad of and he dropped me by the train station about ten minutes later and I thanked him.

I hoisted my bag onto my shoulder and walked into the station, looking up at the big board to see that there was a train to Manchester in five minutes. I walked over to the ticket booth to buy a ticket.

"Can I get a ticket for the train to Manchester at seven thirty please?" I asked the guy.

"One way or round trip?" he asked.

"One way." I replied.

"There you go." he said, slipping a little paper ticket under the glass barrier. I handed him some money and he gave a few coins in change, which I shoved into my pocket. Then I grabbed the ticket and headed over to the ticket barrier.

I slipped the ticket into the slot and the door opened, letting me through.

I got onto the train and settled down in a seat. So much for our romantic holiday.

I opened my bag and pulled out the book that I'd hoped to read in the sun, with my head in Louis' lap and my feet in the water. Instead I was reading it in a cramped train in my uncomfortable seat.

---

After about an hour the train pulled up at Manchester station. I grabbed my bag and stepped off the train, heading into the station and back out onto the main street. 

Just as I was looking at Google Maps on my phone for the quickest way back home a car came screeching up to where I was standing on the side of the road. Just as I looked up Louis almost fell out of the driver's seat in his haste to get to me.

I thought about running away but he seemed pretty desperate to talk to me.

"Harry." Louis said.

"What?" I asked grumpily.

"It's not messing around, none of it is messing around. It was just a stupid thing that I said and I was too fucked up to explain it properly." he said.

"Yeah, well you've had your chance now." I replied and I turned away.

"Harry wait." Louis said.

I ignored him and kept walking.

"I love you!" he called.

I stopped.

"I fucking love you Harry Styles." he repeated.

I turned back around to face him and walked back towards him. He was crying. I'd never seen Louis cry before.

I dropped my bag and put my arms around him, resting my head in the crook of neck and shoulder. 

"I love you too." I said into his chest.

"What?" he said.

"I fucking love you too Louis Tomlinson." I repeated and he grinned. I lifted my head up a bit and kissed him.