Burning Memory

Warning(s): PTSD (inaccurate), Hallucinations, mentioned/implied panic attacks, Self-Harm

please let me know if there's any other warnings I need to add. Thank you.

...

Nightmares haunted him in his sleep. If every waking day wasn't spent reflecting over his actions while he was part of the Eggpire, then his dreams plagued him to the point that he swears he's becoming mad. What doesn't help is that he's in prison.

Locked for his crimes that he's semi-consciously aware of from the egg. Bad didn't mind though, it was what he deserved. So he stayed in the corner of his cell. Thinking. Remembering everything he didn't want to remember.

He is kind to the wary warden. He does not blame him as he receives his ration of food.

...

Red seems to crawl at his vision. Vines crawling at the corners of his cell. Since when did the vines reach in here?

Sam walks over with his ration of food, pressing the button that allows the hatch to open only for him to fall through the floor. Suddenly the outside wasn't the prison. It was the obsidian table, and underneath...Bad knew exactly what it was.

He tried to call out to Sam, only to feel something crawling in his throat, restricting his breathing. Bad looked down, horrified to see that the red trim of his robes slowly started to fade away, leaving that haunting white in its place.

...

Sometimes he hears its voice. It haunts him in the waking world.

Hello.

Go away.

Feed me.

No. You're dead. Please, go away.

I can give you your friend back.

No, you can't. I can never see Skeppy again. For everyone's sake.

...

Red fills his vision whenever he looks through the bars. Bars are becoming more often in his dreams, isn't it? How long has he been in this cell?

'I can set you free'

"GO AWAY!" He cried out, covering his ears as he curls up on the ground.

'Join me.'

"NO!"

'Come back...'

The prison is red. Red. Red. Red. Red. Vines hung from the ceiling. The bars are vines. The bars are metal.

The bars are vines.

"STOP!"

'Come and join me again, my servant.'

"NOO!"

...

Bad wakes up screaming, panting heavily. He rocks himself back and forth in his cell, whispering that he was safe here.