night night

"I'm going to sleep!", she sputtered.

"It's your place, you don't have to tell me.", he smirked realizing how he just flustered her.

It made his own heart pound knowing he could do that to her. Knowing that, being with her seemed like more of a possibility.

"Yeah, well...goodnight then."

"Good night, Ochaco.", he said giving a softer smile.

She nodded then walked away but stopped once she reached her door.

Bakugo tilted his head, then looked at her as she turned around. He stood up not knowing if something is wrong and rubbed his neck. She then walked up to him with confidence and wrapped her arms around his neck. His breathed hitched at her sudden movement and but he hugged back slightly confused.

"Thank you...for opening up to me today. I haven't had this much fun in a long time."

He hugged her a little tighter and put his hand around her waist. Both of their hearts were beating so fast that they both prayed one couldn't hear the other.

"Me too.", he murmured.

They both pulled away, still in each other's arms and made eye contact.

"Ochaco-I"

"Yes?", she asked her eyes dilated.

"You're...you're really cool girl."

She blinked and smiled slightly.

"T-thanks.."

"We gotta get some rest for tomorrow.", he said pulling away and turning around. "Sleep well."

"O-okay!", she said quietly.

She noticed the redness coming in his face and she took a step toward to hold his hand.

"What is it?", he asked turning back around.

She stepped up on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek.

"Good night for real this time!", she giggled as she scampered back to her room door and closed it.

Bakugo held his right cheek and felt the blood rush to his face. It seemed like every cell in his body ran to that one spot where her lips had been. He still felt it's touch as he sat on the futon still surprised she had even done that.

It was technically Bakugo's first kiss on the cheek...from a girl his age at least. He refused to let Recovery Girl count.

He was so shocked that he didn't even have time to react, especially since she ran out in less than five seconds.

He laid down and took off his shirt to let himself breathe a little better.

When did pink cheeks get so bold? Didn't see that one coming.., he thought closing his eyes with a smile.

NEXT MORNING

*beep* *beep* *beep*

Bakugo blinked his eyes open but couldn't see much since the sun hadn't risen yet. He stumbled across her floor to find his jacket where he found his phone screaming it's daily alarm.

It read 5:00am, a usual morning for Bakugo, and the first banner it read was his Bible App, his snooze alarm, and then a notification from his Agency, specifically Endeavor. It was an audio message. After reading his daily verse, he tapped on it and held it to his ear.

Good Morning Dynamite. I know you're awake so you better make sure you get this message. I'm fully aware tonight is the night of the reunion, but I'm on a mission. You are going to be representing me, so please watch your attitude. You are free of your duties today, but you know if I call you, just be on standby. A party doesn't relinquish your priorities as a hero, though I'm sure you're aware. Stay safe and ring me if necessary. I don't want another incident like the last one. Your safety is....important to society. Good day."