5.

"TIME AWAY FROM OLDTOWN WOULD DO ME SOME GOOD

"TIME AWAY FROM OLDTOWN WOULD DO ME SOME GOOD.."

---¤𖠁¤---

KING'S LANDING, THE RED KEEP.

Shifting around in the uncomfortable carriage, Roselyn frowns deeply as her handmaiden, Minisa, drones on and on, her eye twitching as the lecture. Glancing over at her sworn sword, Ermo, he shared the same look on his face, one that said 'Please for the love of Gods of New and Old, to the Seven and to the Drowned God, put me out of my misery'. Rolling her eyes as hard as she could, she couldn't wait for the carriage or Minisa to come to a stop. It felt like it had been going on forever, but she was sure it was only a few hours at best.

"You will take your handmaiden, Minisa, and sworn sword, Ermo, with you." Hobert states, his tone of voice leaving no real room for her to argue about it.

"Why? Is the Red Keep not safe enough for me?" She asks, furrowing her brows softly.

"No, no, no. Tis' safe. I feel it would be good to have people you know at your side. Besides, it won't hurt to have extra allies there to protect you." Hobert argues, shaking his head.

"You speak as if I am a lamb being sent to the slaughter. Hobert, I ask of you as your daughter-in-law and a person." She asks, "What exactly is it that you are expecting of me to do in the Red Keep?"

Feeling Ermo nudge her side, she jumps for a second, snapping out of her daze. Seeing the dark look on Minisa's face, she instantly cowers in her seat, knowing that she was in for it now. Minisa, whilst not her Mother, was the scariest woman that Roselyn knew in all of the Seven Kingdoms. She swears Ermo could kill a dragon with just one look.

Looking at Ermo out of the corner of her eye, he shares the same fearful look that she had. For once, she really really regretted not listening to Minisa's ramblings. Shifting around in her seat, she prays that Minisa would show her a little mercy.

"I, um, well what?" She mutters weakly, "Um, I am sorry, I wasn't listening, Minisa."

"Ermo, are you hearing this? The girl we helped raised to a respectable Lady, who knows better, that girl has been ignoring what I have been saying! That is completely and utterly unacceptable!" Minisa rants, shaking her head.

"My sweet Minisa, the woman who brings me nothing but pure joy in this world, it is far too early for this." Ermo cuts in, rolling his eyes.

"I beg your pardon?" Minisa asks, her voice deadly calm.

Looking at her Father with wide eyes, she glances back over to Minisa, seeing the dark look grow on her face. Cringing deeply at what was to come, she cowers into her seat, hands covering her ears to try to drown it out. Hearing as Minisa's voice raises in pitch, she presses harder on her ears, muffling out the squeaky lecture. Watching Ermo instantly cower in his seat, she shakes her head at his foolishness for picking a fight with an already cranky Minisa. It was a worse fate than death, especially when there was nowhere to go or escape to.