1. I'm in Love

I was standing in the middle of a street at midnight, shivering partly due to the frigid air. I was anxious due to the darkness surrounding me, and being alone didn't help. I was scared of the dark from childhood, but this feeling is different. I'm nervous but not apprehensive. My hair tickled me, bringing me back to my senses.

I looked around, trying to recognise anything if possible, but it's of no use. I can't seem to identify where I am.

I gathered courage and started strolling. After a few steps, I could see light rays coming from a far-off place. I paced excitedly to the location and blinked my eyes due to the unexpected dazzling light. I slowly opened them only to gasp upon its beauty.

The place is magnificent. It's surrounded by trees of multiple colored leaves ranging from yellow to dark red. There is a lake in between filled with beautiful swans and pink lotuses. The full moon shone, spreading its aura. The fireflies, with their golden rays, added to its allure. It seemed to be the most attractive place on earth. I instantly fell in love with the place with my fears long forgotten.

I was smitten by the view. I took two steps further towards the lake. I was about to fall, hitting a stone, when a pair of hands held my waist, preventing me from hitting the ground. My one hand went around his neck, supporting myself, and I rested my right hand on his chest, feeling his heartbeat in sync with mine. Both our hearts beat erratically at a much higher rate.

His thumb slowly grazed across my cheek and tucked a few fringes falling onto my face behind my ear. He focused on my face studying it. My hand that rested on his heart slowly moved to his cheek, feeling his light stubble. I looked deep into his eyes and whispered, "I Love You..."

I shouted at the top of my voice, "I Love You," letting it reverberate through every corner.

"I Love You!"

"I Love You!!"

I woke up falling from my bed with a thud hitting the ground. It's the same dream I see every night for numerous months. I could feel the tingling sensation of his stubble even now. The dream feels close to reality.

I feel grateful to my soft comforter I am enveloped in for not being hurt. My room is soundproof, luckily, and my parents have no clue about my dreams.

I couldn't see his face as usual due to the bright lighting. I have this gut feeling that this dream might turn to reality someday. I'm not sure of it, but I chose to wait for The Man In My Dreams. I fell in love with him eventually day by day.

You fall in love the way you fall asleep -- slowly and then all at once. I remember reading it from a friend's notebook, and it feels true. I began developing feelings for him, and I love him more than myself now. I don't care about his facial features or anything. I know he's my penguin. I read Penguins keep searching for their perfect mate till they find the one and never part till death.

I am curious to take a glimpse of his beautiful face, but I am patient to wait. Some things are more charming when they reveal themselves. There's not much I can do either.

I wonder what he would do once I propose -- Maybe he would kiss me gently or passionately, or he might whisper his love for me back... I hope he won't disappoint me. I can feel my cheeks picking their color warming up, recalling him.

I stood up, supporting myself, hearing a sound, and grabbed my water bottle feeling thirsty. I found it empty to my luck, and I listened to the clock just struck 4 am. The dream always wakes me up by 4 am.

I climbed downstairs, with my eyes partially closed, fighting back the sleep. I rubbed my eyes, hitting something hard yet soft. I was astonished by its sight.

The Man In My Dreams (Three-Shot)✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें