chapter eleven

c h a p t e r  e l e v e n ; lennox brown

Elizabeth unlocked her apartment, and stepped aside to let Lennox walk in first. To their surprise, Elizabeth's brother, Manuel, was laying on the couch with his laptop on his stomach.

"Aren't you supposed to be at school?" Elizabeth questioned when she kicked her shoes off, leaving them where they landed.

"I am, it's an online class," Manuel responded. He looked at Elizabeth, his eyes glanced to Lennox. "You made a new friend? It's about time, I was tired of Simon always coming in like he's welcomed."

"He's still— whatever. We have homework to do, just— bye Manny," Elizabeth walked across the living room to the hallway. Lennox followed behind.

When the two of them walked into Elizabeth's room, she tossed her backpack on the ground and fell back onto her bed. Lennox did the opposite. She kept her backpack on, and sat on the edge of Elizabeth's bed.

"You have questions," Lennox stated. "You want to know how I could see those shadowhunters. But how can you see them?"

Elizabeth looked up at Lennox. She sat up, and grabbed a pillow and hugged it. "It's complicated," Elizabeth said. "I didn't see them at first, but then I did. Now I can see them because they let me know about them."

"You know, Clary's name is now known to everyone in that world," Lennox said, looking at Elizabeth. "She's quite famous, I suppose."

"Great. You're apart of the Clary fan club?"

"Absolutely not," Lennox answered. "Especially not after the way she spoke to you."

"How much of that conversation did you hear?" Elizabeth asked.

"As much as it took me to realize that she was in the wrong trying to make you fix Simon's mistake," Lennox said. Elizabeth looked down. "You did the right thing, Liza." Lennox lifted Elizabeth face, and moved her hair out of her face. "You can't always fix their mistakes. They've taken advantage of your helpfulness."

"How could you see them?" Elizabeth finally asked. "I know how I could see them, because I saw them more than once before and because they let me see them before. But, how can you?"

Lennox sighed. "Look, I don't want you to think any different of me. I'm Lennox Brown, I've been in your grade since I could remember," Lennox stated. "I've watched you from afar, always wishing I could be as brave and courageous as you are. Standing up for your friends and family."

"I couldn't think of you different, maybe a couple months ago, but that was a different time where vampires were only in books," Elizabeth smiled. "What are you doing?"

Lennox lifted her shirt up, showing scars on her stomach. "I was thirteen when I was attacked. I was at the beach with my uncle, and funnily enough it was a full moon. We didn't think anything of it, because we were just mundanes who thought everything was just stories."

"Nox?"

"We were both attacked," Lennox continued. "He didn't want to become a monster, he hated that he was the reason we both were attacked. He's buried with my parents. But me, I became the monster he didn't want to be. I am a werewolf, Liza."

Elizabeth looked into Lennox's eyes. Her look softened. "You're beautiful," Elizabeth commented. "Thank you for telling me that, Nox."

"Liza, I think I have a way to help Simon," Lennox spoke up. "He's your best friend, and I know you still want to help him."

Elizabeth followed Lennox inside the Jade Wolf Chinese restaurant. She found it weird it was located in an almost abandoned area near the docks.

"Hey Alaric, have you seen Luke?" Lennox asked an older guy. Most likely in his thirties.

"Aren't you Clary's little friend?" The guy— Alaric, asked Elizabeth. "Why are you with Lenny? We don't want to join the shadowhunters."

"She's here with me, Ric," Lennox stated. "Not for Clary or the shadowhunters. And I want to talk to Luke. Where is he?"

"Ah, speak of the devil, or devils," Alaric smirked as the door opened. Clary and Luke walked into the main room.

"I didn't know your Luke was also Clary's Luke?" Elizabeth said to Lennox. "I— I don't feel right about this."

"Just relax, Liz," Lennox told Elizabeth. "Hey, Luke! Can we talk?"

"What are you doing here?" Clary asked when she walked up to Elizabeth. Elizabeth stared at Lennox as she spoke with Luke across the room.

"I'm here with Lennox," Elizabeth responded.

"You just can't leave this alone, can you? You keep complaining that you were brought into this world, and here you are, with the werewolves. You talked to Raphael yet today?" Clary questioned.

"What the hell happened to you?"

"My mother got kidnapped and I found out my father is alive and a maniac! And now I apparently have angel blood running through my veins. Luke's a werewolf. And Simon's now a vampire without a clan, thanks to you!"

"Thanks to me? I didn't—"

"Liza!" Lennox ran back to the girls. "Luke agreed. He'll let Simon stay near the Jade Wolf, so he doesn't have to worry about anything."

"What?" Clary interrupted.

"That's amazing!" Elizabeth responded. "I have to go call Si now! Thank you, Nox." She pulled Lennox into a tight hug before stepping away to call Simon.

"Liza?" Simon answered quickly.

"I'm sorry about earlier, Si. I had already talked to Raphael about you letting Camille go free. He won't go after you, but he also won't help you. But we got Luke to agree to help you. I know werewolves and vampires are different, but he offered to help you and let you stay near the Jade Wolf," Elizabeth rambled.

"That one Chinese restaurant near the docks?" Simon questioned.

"Yeah! But only if you want to, I don't want to pressure you into anything you wouldn't like," Elizabeth said. "You're still my best friend, Si."

"Thank you, Liza," Simon responded. There was a pause, "I really appreciate your help."

"I hear a but coming," Elizabeth frowned. "Si, you and Clary are my best friends, I love the two of you, but it feels like everything has changed. You two don't need to protect me."

"I wasn't going to say anything like that," Simon said. "Thank you. And I hope I can see you soon."

"Oh. I'll come by whenever I can," Elizabeth promised. "I'll see you soon, Si. Bye."

Elizabeth ended the call, and went back towards Lennox. She didn't notice Clary in the room anymore. "Thank you, Nox." Elizabeth said.

"You're welcome, Liza," Lennox responded, smiling.

"Thanks for trusting me with your secret," Elizabeth whispered.

"That's what friends are for," Lennox said. Her hand on top of Elizabeth's. The two girls looked at each other, a smile on each of their faces.

thoughts?

so work is kicking my ass and im tired
and annoyed like all the time.

another update might not happen soon
but tbh, I don't kwow if i get
inspired of something.
i did write this chapter a couple
months ago though...