CHAPTER SIXTY SIX

CHAPTER SIXTY SIX
[66]
song: west coast by missio

"COME ON." Daisy nodded firmly, but Bonnie was already rushing back towards the grocery store.

"Who are you?!" Bonnie asked as she ran, glancing to the side towards Daisy as she kept up with her.

"I'm Daisy." She responded, breathing heavily as she was not prepared to run this fast.

Bonnie came to a halt in the parking lot as she caught glance of what was happening inside, Daisy stopping shortly behind her. "What the hell..." Bonnie mutters, as they watched Kai wipe out an entire shelf of alcohol with an umbrella, crashing it all on Damon.

"He's gonna kill him!" Daisy shouted, picking the pace back up again and running inside, Bonnie behind her.

The doors automatically open for them and they rush inside, charging towards the aisle where the action took place. Kai had snapped the umbrella in half, and was about to plunge it into Damon's chest, who was laying on the floor, chemical burns of some sort all over his skin.

Daisy and Bonnie both came to a quick half at the end of the aisle. "Stay away from him." Bonnie said angrily.

Kai lifts his gaze up to her, giving Daisy a quick glance before returning his attention to Bonnie. Damon weakly looked up to see what was happening.

"The useless one is here, thank God." Kai sighs. "I've watched you try to do magic for months now. What are you gonna do, fail at me? It's embarrassing." He says. Daisy watches Bonnie as Kai continues, her eyes angrily fixated on him as she began to tremble with rage. "I'm embarrassed for you."

Daisy's heart was racing, knowing that these moments could make or break whether or not they had a chance to get home. Kai once again exchanged knowing glances with Daisy, before bringing the snapped in half wooden umbrella back up, and in the position to plunge it down and kill Damon. She unknowingly held her breath, bracing for impact, or whatever else was about to happen.

Suddenly, a candle that was on a shelf ready to be sold lit on fire. Daisy felt her heart drop, in excitement and in fear. She turned to Bonnie, who's eyes were glued on the candle with a smile and then rose back up to meet Damon's.

"Uh-oh." Kai muttered.

"Run." Bonnie spoke, Damon smirked and before Daisy could even process it, he was gone in a flash. Daisy spun around quickly as she felt a breeze rush past her, confused as to how he had run off so quickly. Bonnie returned her focus to Kai. "Phesmatos incendia." She said, pleased with herself.

Heat rose from the ground, and as Daisy turned back around to find the source, a ring of fire spread across the floor, around Kai.

She tried not to let any panic show on her face as Kai dropped the umbrella, holding his hands out in reassurance. "Okay, okay." He pleaded.

"Giving up so soon?" Bonnie narrowed her eyebrows at him. "I'm embarrassed for you."

The heat was becoming unbearable, and she couldn't even imagine what Kai was feeling as he was the one standing so close to it. She turned to Bonnie, beginning to open her mouth and suggest they just knock him out or something, but Damon had beat her to it.