000. pogues for life

pogues for life / intro

ADELAIDE ROUTLEDGE was John B's perfect little sister. She was everyone's dream girl. It didn't matter that she was a pogue, it was her kindness that people were appealed by. Of course she was pretty, but that wasn't the main reason people chose to approach her. She never took shit from anyone — especially not a kook, and they all respected that. She was smart and always got what she wanted thanks to her charms. Those who didn't want to be her, wanted to be with her instead.

But she had a past that no one knew about, one that she hope no one would ever find out — as it would tear down her perfect little reputation.

RAFE CAMERON on the other hand, was a rich boy with both mommy and daddy issues. He was rude and selfish, making it clear he didn't care if he hurt anyone's feelings with his words. Even his own family considered him the black sheep of the family. There was nothing anyone could do to change that, that is until he met Adelaide. She made him feel things he had never felt before. And for that he tried hating her for it, but he couldn't.

He needed to have her, he had to have her, and he was willing to do everything in his power to succeed. But the more he thought about her, and the more he saw her, the more he grew infatuated by her.

Yet there was still JJ MAYBANK in the picture, Sweet, kind, and funny JJ. He was a sweet soul, whose only weakness was Adelaide Routledge, but of course she was clueless. He had always kept it friendly, one because he was too scared of rejection and second because he was his best friend's little sister. Of course he would flirt with her sometimes, but she always saw it in a 'bro's little sister' way.

And Rafe did not like that one bit. He was quite aware that JJ had had a crush on Adelaide for as long as she had stepped foot on Outer Banks, but knew he was much of a wuss to ever actually do anything about it. That didn't stop him from going on his little man child rages and making scenes whenever he would see them five feet from each other.

If only he knew that JJ was just as determined as he was to show Adelaide how much he liked her, even if that meant breaking the "no pogue on pogue macking" rule.

That is until another certain brunette comes out quite literally, the blue.

꒰ 🌊 ꒱

The outer banks, paradise on earth.

Sort of place you'd want to live in if you like small towns. Nothing bad really happens here, other than a few petty thefts and kooks starting up fights with us pogues. In outer banks, you'd be either a kook or a pogue, the rich or the 'poor' — or as they'd call us. But I rather much prefer the middle class, sounds nicer that way.

Figure eight is home to the kooks, the boujee side of town and where the rich reside. I, on the other hand, live on the south side, home to the lovely working class and my crew. Not that I cared much about where I stood anyway, given my mom had always told me what people have outside is not always what they have inside. And most Kooks proved just that.

But despite being a pogue, I didn't necessarily hate kooks and I guess they don't hate me either. I am fine with most of them, emphasis on the most. Too bad my friends can't say the same. But hey, at least I still have them, right?

John B Routledge, my older brother and one of my best friends. Of course he's not that much older than me, we're about the same age but he's still older by a few months. He was the one who introduced me to his crew when I first moved to Outer Banks a few years back after my mother died. We might not have the same mother but I still love him no matter what. After all he's all I have left. He can be overprotective sometimes, especially when JJ jokingly flirts with me, but I know that's his way of showing that he loves me.

JJ Maybank, also known as the flirt of the group. He flirts with anything that has legs. And of course, everyone always ends up falling for his charms. I mean who wouldn't? He's JJ Maybank. Sometimes he even flirts with me and Kiera, but we don't give in that easily. He can also be very protective, but that's probably because John B told him to keep an eye on me when he's not there. Typical.

Pope Heyward, the brains of the group. When he's not taking a math, he's studying for another math test. Pope is one of the kindest and smartest people I have ever met, and that says a lot. I wish I had half of the brain he had, that would've been helpful all those times. Anyways, he's like a brother from another mother if you get what I mean. If you ever need anything, he's there in a heartbeat — even if that means missing his important test.

And last but not least, Kiara Carrera. One of my least favorite people unfortunately. We don't really get along ever since I came to outer banks and John B introduced me as his sister. I'm not sure why she dislikes me so much, but I'm guessing it has something to do with John B. Any person can tell she likes him, the only person who can't seem to see that is John B. Honestly, it seems like she loves all the boys, so I think it's safe to say him bringing another girl to the group didn't help the situation. Regardless of our issues with each other, we've managed to keep our cool around the group. I'm not sure if we'll ever be able to be friends, but hey, a girl can dream.

So that's my crew, the pogues !