003. silent treatment

silent treatment / chapter three

"Oh don't mind me baby. I'm
just enjoying the view."

IT HAD BEEN DAYS since Adelaide was released from the hospital, but it almost felt like weeks, if not months. Ever since her brother and friends had brought her home, it had been real quiet. Literally. Both John B and JJ were giving her the silent treatment for her "impulsive" decision on the not pressing charges matter, which of course she thought was useless anyways. They thought she was doing it out of pure kindness, and she was.

Kiara had stopped by a few times, but not for Adelaide's sake. She didn't check up on the girl, she would only come over to hang out with the guys. Although, she did ask John B how she was doing the first time she came over. "Will she be okay?", was all she could voice before it went quiet. She guessed it was because they didn't want her to hear them gossip about her, and she knew they would blab about the other situation.

Pope seemed to be the only talking to her at all. It was all small talk, but she appreciated it regardless. After all, he was the only one who knew why she had done what she had done, and she loved him for keeping her secret.

"I can't believe how immature they're being." The girl ranted to the boy next to him.

"Give them time to process it." He commented.

"I have. It's been days Pope. They need to stop being babies and get over it. What's done is done." She stated, crossing her arms as she looked at the window.

"Well, just think about it from their point of view. You didn't give them an explanation on why you chose not to press charges. They're just feeling confused and frustrated you know?" He elaborated, hoping that she would understand how they felt.

"Yea, you're right.." She gave up, a long silence taking over the room.

"So are you going tell them?" Pope curiously asked her, looking at the girl sitting on the bed in front of him.

"Tell them what?" Adelaide asked, pretending like she had no idea what he was talking about.

"You know what Addie." He persisted, arms crossed and eyebrows raised.

"And you know my answer Pope." She argued back, mocking the boy by crossing her arms the same way he was.

"Funny." He chuckled, shaking his head as he headed towards the door. "I have to go study for my math exam."