014 ▍theo, the 'fixer'

at last, grand line

AFTER THE duel between laboon and luffy, all of them went to their respective tasks. nami charting their navigating route, sanji cooking the fish he bought from loguetown, usopp fixing merry's mast, and zoro who is sleeping on the deck.

theo, on the other hand, sat in front of the orange haired navigator with his head flat on the table. the poor just wanna go home already.

he scrambled on his seat when nami suddenly yelled. "what was that scream for?!"

"the compass!! it's broken! it's pointing all over the place!" she shrieked.

"eh? i thought you already know something, nami." theo facepalmed.

"you've been travelling with them but didn't explained anything to them?!" crocus scolded brown haired chef who only frowned.

"huh? know what?!"

"it appears you've come here without knowing anything. and that mismatched lad didn't even tell you anything. im quite amazed. did you come here to just throw your lives away?" nami only questioned more. qhilew the rest, especially luffy, cared only for the food.

"i've said before that common sense fails to uphold in this ocean. that compass isn't broken."

"then is it. . . the magnetic field!?"

"yes, there exists a geomagnetic anomaly across grand line, due to many islands here being rich with various minerals." theo eats as crocus further explains about the enigmas of grand line. crocus tells nami that to navigate the grand line, one would need a log pose to chart the differing magnetic fields of each island, all the way to the last island laugh tale.

luffy showed them the exact compass that crocus was explaning, saying he took it when the two weirdos left it on their ship.

"from thus mountain, you'll choose one out of seven magnetic fields to record, which'll lead you to different islands. but no matter where you start with, the paths will all converge into one eventually. . . and the name of the very last island one can reach in grand line is. . . laugh tale, the final stop in grand line. the only one's who've ever confirmed its existence in history is the pirate king and his crew. it is an island of legends." crocus ended.

"then does that mean. . . one piece is on that island!?" usopp excitedly asked.

crocus stared at the sea, "who knows. although that is the most likely theoey, nobody has ever reached there to confirm it."

luffy grinned with a fish bone in between his teeth, "enough thinking. we can see for ourselves once we're there!"

"oi theo." crocus called causing the said male to look up to him. out of curiosity the others also turned.