. Thirty- Six .

{Chanel's Point of View}
.
.
.

I watched on happily as Cesare entered the house with my best friend in the entire world.

She seemed alright, she was in a hideous outfit, but fine other than that.

Cesare carried her all the way up to her room and everyone in the house followed, of course Cesare excused himself to put some clothes on but we were all too overwhelmed at Evalina's return to notice his nakedness.

My father called for the doctor immediately even though Evalina assured us she was fine.

We forced her to lie down and fortunately she listened before she told us what had happened.

"Despite what they are and what they did, they were rather kind to me, so I will ask that no one seek justice."

She spoke the words to the room but looked straight at Cesare.

"Cara Mia, these people need to learn-"

"Amore Mio, I said no."

And just like that we all watched how a tiny little mate could put a future alpha in his place.

"I think Evalina needs some rest." I suggested as I began shooing people out of her room.

This made something, or rather someone, pop into my head.

All week Luca and I have been good, he had this annoying way of catching me in the hall and kissing me without question...of course my wolf loved it.

We didn't argue, and for once I actually put some thought into being with him...what life would be like with him.

As Cesare begrudgingly began exiting Evalina's room I stopped him, "Cesare, where is Luca?"

"He left."

"W-what?"

"After he found Evalina he took off, I'm guessing he'll be gone for a while...he asked me to fill in as Alpha for him." Cesare filled me in. "Any reason you're looking for him?"

"Oh...uh, just wanted to thank him for helping to bring my friend back." I lied as I fought back tears.

He smiled and nodded before deciding that he wanted to stay and lie down with Evalina.

I left the lovebirds and entered the first room that I could...my father office.

The room reminded me of my first moment here with Luca and the tears sprang forward as I bawled heavily.

He was gone.

He left without even saying bye.

A small knock sounded and I quickly cleaned my face before Vincent poked his head in.

He smiled at me and entered the room, "I've been looking for you...are you alright hermosa?"

I gave him a tiny smirk, "I'm fine, just emotional right now."

He hugged me but my arms didn't go around him, I was still reeling over Luca's abrupt leave.

"Of course you are, this whole week must've been hard for you." He sounded "I know I should wait but what better time...i wanted to ask you to come to Texas and visit me, at least come just to clear your head and get away from all of this for a while."

It took me a moment to fully comprehend all of this, his timing was kind of horrible, but also perfect.

"Um, can Evalina come?"

He smiled his dimple baring smile "of course."

"Sounds like a plan...i really could use some time away from here, there's definitely something I'd like to clear my head of."