. Seven .

As the days passed Chanel and I found ourselves rather bored, flipping through the channels once more.

"Why don't you girls go out or something?"

We turned to look at my mom, "there isn't anything to do."

"How about a movie or you two can go shopping at the mall."

I sighed, "we've gone to the movies like all week already, and this mall is tiny and hardly has anything worth looking at."

"Well then," mom huffed as she grabbed her keys and purse. "If you two aren't doing anything today, I will feel no sympathy in asking you both to go to the grocery store for me."

"Bu-" I began to protest (as I seriously hate grocery stores) but mom shot me a look that told me to remain silent, "fine" I grumbled.

"Good, I need the fixing for my baked Alfredo chicken ziti and I'm sure your sister needs stuff as well seeing as she hasn't been home all week."

"Are you seriously going to make ziti for thanksgiving?" I questioned her in a slight disbelief.

"The Minicci's are Italian, I'm sure they'll love it." She boasted.

"Okay, that's mildly stereotypical." I pointed out.

"It is not Evalina, you use to love my baked Ziti and you're Italian."

"Mom" I sighed, "just make a list and I'll go to the store." I knew there was no point in arguing over trivial things. If my mom wanted to make her dish then that's all there is to it.

She wrote down a quick shopping list and Chanel and I ran upstairs to get dressed.

"Ya know, I'm sorta suffering from TOM." Chanel sounded.

"Excuse me?"

"TOM" she repeated giving me a 'duh' sort of look. When I didn't respond she sighed heavily, "T-O-M...Time Of Month."

"Ooooh" I laughed then stopped, "damn, that means I will be starting soon, it sucks when it happens around the holidays."

She nodded, "yeah the holidays are rough as it with all the nosy grown ups all in your business, then throw in your cervical lining shredding away in front of everyone, plus shitty macaroni and cheese, its like nobody knows how to make it properly...yeah it's rough."

I shook my head dumbfoundedly, "I just don't understand you sometimes."

She merely shrugged and plopped down onto the bed.

"Fine, you stay here and relax, I'll just head over to the store and hurry back, but be prepared to help me put everything away, because that's seriously the worst part about grocery shopping."

I grabbed my purse and left the room. When I got outside of the house I was suddenly hit with the realization that I have no car, with a groan of displeasure I set forward on foot, toward town. I lazily trudged along, kicking small rocks as I would pass them. Nearly twenty minutes later I sighed contently as the sliding doors opened and cool air conditioning blasted my face as I pushed my cart into the grocery store.

I made my way toward the produce section first and picked up a small bag of grapes and began munching as I searched for the proper aisles that I needed for my mother's requested items.

I grabbed this and that and scratched them off of my mother's list, popping a grape into my mouth each time. I was just about to checkout when I remembered Gianna had specifically asked me to bake some stuff for thanksgiving dinner.

I rolled my eyes, 'as if she could ever hope to impress Cesare's mother with her cooking skills.'

I shook my head, I didn't like the mean thoughts that were filling my head toward Gianna. Perhaps it was the guilt of thinking ill of my sister, but my heart began to race.

I turned into the aisle with the baking supplies and my wolf felt him before I even saw him, but there, standing out like a brilliant lighthouse on a dark and stormy night was Cesare looking handsome as ever in another well fitted suit.

But it was the expression on his face that intrigued me.

Cesare (only having met him once) struck me as a man very sure of himself, and right now he looked lost or confused, it made me laugh a little.

As soon as the sound left my mouth his head snapped up and he looked right at me, a slow lazy grin stretched along his face, looking every bit a mischievous Cheshire Cat.

My air supply stuck in my throat and my body didn't know how to respond. On one hand, my head was telling me to turn the cart around and checkout. But on the other hand, my heart was begging me to run to him and let him take me in his arms.

Neither one won out as I awkwardly just stood there unable to move, speak, or breath.

When he took a step toward me I took a small breath in and once more his scent carried with it, just like our first meet up.

And just like last time my wolf began to purr in satisfaction and I too took a step forward, but it was Cesare who closed the gap between us.

"Of all the places I could possibly run into you, imagine my surprise at finding you right here at this very moment."

"W-whys that?" I stuttered.

"Because Evalina," he smiled..."it seems that we were both forced to come here today, as if fate is trying to bring us together."

I wanted to smile, and a huge part of me wanted to agree, but deep down inside of me, that little voice of reason kicked in.

I dropped my eyes, I didn't want to see the hurt on his face that my words would bring. "My sister asked me to come, no other reason."

"Evalina."

I could hear the determination in his voice but I refused to look up at him, he moved quickly and in the next moment my head was gently being lifted up and soon I was met with his intense gaze.

"Why are you trying to push me away?"

"B-because you...you're Gia's."

"Evalina, I am yours."

If words could melt me I would literally be a puddle on the floor right now, how is it possible that four words could make me so weak at the knees and instantly head over heels.

"I...I-"

He smiled, "You don't have to say anything, I just need you to know that YOU Evalina, you, are MY mate and I am YOURS and nothing in this world, or anybody for that matter, can change that."

I stared into his green eyes, they were alight with passion and sincerity that all I could do was nod.

"Now," his smile softened and he took a step back. "What are you doing here?"

"To be honest my mother made me come to pick up supplies for her dish she plans on making for thanksgiving, and my sister asked me to cover for her by baking the desserts she promised your mother."

He shook his head, "you know I was wondering how she was going to pull that one off, I haven't seen Gianna cook anything in the time I've known her."

His mentioning Gianna stung and he could sense it.

"I apologize." He sounded genuinely.

"It's alright, really...I'm fine."