𝐂𝐇 𝟐 ; 𝐈𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐒

authors note: so, i don't speak mandarin and i don't want to use google translate as it is inaccurate, so every line that is supposed to be spoken in mandarin will say so! example: "hello." i said in mandarin. anyways, hope you enjoy chapter 2 because this will be a long one! -rabbit

;

"there are no mistakes, just happy accidents."

;

WE FINALLY pulled up to the camp. i grabbed my duffel bag and zhenzhen grabbed her backpack. i took the duffel bag because it held most of our stuff, while the backpack just kept extra things we need like my pocket knives, water, and i even persuaded her to put dog food in there just in case we found one.

(a bit of foreshadowing.. heh heh)

we went into the room where we would be registered after placing our bags in the cabin we were assigned. i was in front of zhenzhen in line when i heard someone talking to zhenzhen in mandarin. "i offer my greetings, my fair princess." a pale ginger boy says to zhenzhen in mandarin.

"i humbly submit my name, alex." he finished in mandarin. zhenzhen had a blank expression on her face as she turned around. i smirked at her and raised an eyebrow as i noticed her usually pale face had a tint of pink on it. "i think you've caught the boys eye, my fair princess." i teased in mandarin. she rolled her eyes at me and looked away, blushing.

i was next in line so i walked up to logan. he gasped and smiled widely. "wha- china?!" he said, looking at me and zhenzhen. "okay okay, i got this." he started. "NI HAO!" he yelled into my face, thinking i don't speak english. "welcome.." he spread his arms out. "to.." he put two fingers out. "camp!" he made a roof with his hands.

"i love.. jackie chan!" he smiled. i rolled my eyes and scoffed. "do you understand the words colin' out of my mouth? okay?" he said quickly, laughing. "move along!" he ushered us away. "wow, china." he said under his breath. "americans.." i sighed. "ignore him, kiyomi. americans are always racist without knowing." she reassured.

i only nodded my head, looking out into the mountains in awe.

-

we were up next for zip lining, and i noticed the same ginger boy from earlier behind me. i turned around, looking at him. he looked nervous, from my glare and from the zip line. i sighed, deciding to speak up. "you won't die." i reassured, giving him an unhelpful pat on her shoulder. "uh- thanks.." he muttered.

i raised my arm out. "kiyomi." i introduced. he shook my hand. "al-" he started, but i interrupted him. "i know who you are." i simply said, before turning around. it was my turn for the zip line, so i climbed up the ladder smoothly. "hey girl, are you google because you're everything i'm searching for." a boy who appeared to be rich tried to flirt with me.

i turned over to logan. "am i allowed to unhook myself from the zip line? i want to die after hearing that.". i deadpanned. logan laughed and shook his head, strapping me in. "whatever, i know you love me girl." the boy again attempted. "no, no i don't." i ended the conversation and pushed my legs, flying through the trees.

i smiled and laughed, staring in awe at everything. the vibrant colors and trees were not something you saw where i was from. i wanted to stay here in the mountains forever, it was beautiful.