*19*

~ Remember to vote, comment, and follow! Don't be a silent reader express your thoughts! 😊

Sam's POV:

"It's ok Neeks, mommy will wake up soon." I heard Montrell mumble to Nico. Did I really fall asleep?

I crack an eye open and see Montrell rocking the baby looking hella stressed. Suddenly Nico throws a full fit and I sit up immediately to take him. "What happened? Where's my dad?"

He jumps and says "don't do that! Bruh I bout smacked the shit outta you!"

"Sorry." I said sheepishly taking my baby to try and calm him down. "Where's my dad?" His face drops and he bites his lip. "Montrell what the hell happened to my dad?"

"What do you remember from last night?"

"I remember my dad screaming for me to take Nico and run... Then there was a lotta gun shots and my dad fell and I ran with Nico..." I said rocking my shaking son. "Then I came hear and I heard a man running after me and I panicked and ran faster."

He sighs and says "read the envelopes."

"O-Ok..." I grab the sketchy letters and start reading them and my heart shatters. "What do they mean by my father is being hunted down for murdering this persons brother! He's never hurt a soul! This isn't true! My dad has never killed anyone!"

"I've seen my fair share of dirty work to know when shit is real VS fake. This was sketchy as shit so I did my research and you won't like what I found."

He then proceeds to show me a video of my dad as a teenager holding someone at gunpoint on security footage. In the video the guy is pleading for his life and my dad shot him in the head.

"Turn it off turn it off." I cried bout to have a panic attack. "This isn't real!"

"It is."

"My dad would never kill anyone!"

"Babe he was apart of a gang and apparently this dude didn't pay him his money which was over a hundred grand, so he killed him. Now this dudes brother wants revenge." He sighed. "He wants to take away the one thing that means the most to your dad and that's you... Only he missed and hit your dad instead."

"Where is my dad?" I asked after a while of just sitting here staring at him. "Why couldn't he just tell me this instead?"

"That's the thing he can't." He whispered.

"What do you mean he can't?" I asked feeling my heart beat way too fast.

He takes a deep breath saying "I'm so sorry... Ryan was confirmed dead this morning..."

"NO! NO HE WASN'T!"

"I'm sorry Sammy..."

I give him Nico and run outta the house screaming and crying. I rush to my house where there's crime scene tape everywhere and I force my way in and rush to my dads house and what I found out changed my whole life...

A newspaper... It's announcing the death of the person my dad killed, but where and when is what made my heart stop.

September 11th, 2001

It's just in that early this morning at 7am young Stewart Michael was shot and killed...

Then there's more newspaper clippings and then there's a picture of my dad all bruised and bloody sitting on a side walk covered in ash, dust, and bruises.

I grew up in Manhattan, close to where the twin towers memorial is... Oh my God my dad was there.

21 years ago

Ryan's POV:

"Bro we gotta go before the cops come."

I don't say a word just staring at Stewart. I don't like killing people, but when you owe me money and procrastinate I grow impatient. "You guys go, I got this."

They know when to listen to me and they leave. "Daddy..."

My eyes widen and I see my three year old daughter and boyfriend enter the house. "Melanie, Carter! I thought y'all weren't coming back till ten..."

"You killed him daddy..." She said with tears in her eyes. "Mommy was right... You are mean."

"He's wrong, I'm not mean!" I said sternly.

"No, Mel and I are leaving." Carter said picking up our daughter and running back outside. I race after them screaming for them to come back.

As I chase them down the street I see a plane flying really low, nearly missing the buildings. It's so low that I can read the print on it, but that's the least of my concerns.

However, inna blink of an eye my whole life changed. The low ass plane smacks straight into one of the towers and my life flashes before my eyes.

The sound of the building being crashed into sounded as if a hundred cart freight train was slamming on it's breaks, it sounded like a bomb explosion, and everyone around me is screaming and running making me lose sight of Carter and Melanie.

"Oh my God..." I whispered standing here just staring at the building. The once clear blue sky turning black from the fire. Paper and so much more coming outta the building.

I hear the sirens, I see the panic, but I feel nothing. I'm just numb. Hell I don't know how long I've been standing here, but I do know I see another plane aiming for the second tower and that's when it hits me.

This is no accident... My eyes widen and I scream for my boyfriend and child trying to find them to get them outta here!

The rest after that was a blur, only thing I remember is that when I saw the first tower falling I booked it and ran as fast as I could. My blood pressure is to the rough and I feel like imma pass out.

My heart stops when I hear it fall, I feel myself fall and next thing I am knocked out and unconscious...
.
.
.

"Sir are you alive?"

My eyes blink open and I see a beautiful blond and I blush slightly mumbling "yes..." She helps me up and I ask "have you seen my boyfriend and daughter?" I show her a pic of them.

"Aww I'm sorry honey, they were on the bed list..."

Present day

Sammy's POV:

"I have a sister..." I mumbled reading my dad's journal.

"Sir you cannot be here."

"Well fuck you! I live here!" I snapped.

"He's mine too." The woman said calmly. I look at her confused. "My name is Mel."

End of chapter.

It's been 20 years already... Holy shit...

Whatcha think bout:

Sammy:

Montrell:

Ryan's past:

Everything: