Suzie, Do You Copy? (Part 3)

"Guys," Nikki walked into the Henderson's living room with a supercom she and El shared. "Dustin's calling and he's in good range. He also seems a little bit mad...he swore a few times."

God damn it!

"See," Nikki giggled at her friend on the other side of the radio.

"Okay, everyone ready with everything?" Mike asked looking around the room to make sure everything was in place.

"Yeah," everyone replied in unison.

"Everyone clear on the plan?" Mike asked looking at the people in the room.

"Yeah." They replied once again.

Nikki, who was on the lookout, watched out the window as Dustin and his mom pulled into the driveway.

"Guys, they're here," Nikki called back as she and everyone else scrambled towards the other side of the wall, that would block the view from Dustin and the rest of the party.

They heard him storm in the house, obviously upset about no one responding to him. They waited for Dustin to go to his room before Mike gave El the go ahead. Immediately, El closed her eyes making some of Dustin's toys in his room spark to life.

She led them out of the room to the living room where Dustin followed close behind with a can of hairspray to protect himself.

Wait, is he being serious? Nikki wondered, looking at the hairspray as Dustin passed by her. She looked over to Lucas on her left and gave him a smile, letting him know it was working.

"Now!" Mike whispered to El, making her eyes snap open and the noise from the toys stop.

They snuck around as Dustin examined the toys, trying to forgive out what was happening.

They got behind him and Max counted down on her fingers. When she got to one they all blew their noisemakers, making Dustin scream as he turned around and sprayed Lucas in the eyes with the hairspray.

"Oh my god!" Nikki exclaimed as Lucas joined in Dustin's screaming. Nikki hit Dustin's hand, making the can fall out of his hand.

Dustin stopped screaming as Lucas tried to get the hairspray out of his eyes.

"No!" Nikki grabbed Lucas's hands as he was about to wipe his eyes. "Don't rub your eyes, it won't help. Come on."

She grabbed his hand and led him to the kitchen. She turned on the sink and waited for the water to warm up a little more.

"It hurts," Lucas complained, trying not to touch his eyes yet.

"I know, I did that before when I was trying out hairspray for the first time. Did not go well," Nikki said, testing out the water and figured it was good enough. "Try and wash out your eyes, I might sting a little at first."

"Ok," Lucas put his head under the sink and let out a little whimper.

"I'm sorry," Nikki cringed, knowing how it felt.

After a few minutes, Lucas stood up and grabbed the paper towel that Nikki got for him.

"Better?" Nikki asked as he patted his face dry.

"Still stings," Lucas sighed as he threw away the paper towel.

"Yeah, well your eyes are definitely irritated," she moved his head to see the redness in his eyes.

Lucas smiled at her girlfriend who had little traces of worry on her face. Something people don't really see in her anymore since she learned how to control her powers. "Thank you," he said sincerely, "for the help."

"No problem," she replied before giving him a quick peck on the lips. She stepped back and leaned back on the counter as Lucas did the same.

"How's it going with El?" Lucas asked her, knowing the big rift between the two girls. He had always checked up on Nikki to make sure that she was still okay. So, about once a week they would talk about Nikki's and El's relationship and how it seemed to be getting worse.

Nikki looked at Lucas, giving him the smile he knew that brought back news. "She hasn't talk to me since I left for the movies last night. I think she still mad about that," Nikki sighed and turned her gaze to the ground. "I got to go and she didn't. That gave her another reason to hate me."

"She doesn't hate you," Lucas shook his head.

"Oh, yeah?" She turned her gaze back to him. "Then why does she keep pushing me away from her. You know, I have heard all of these things from Hopper telling me how she never gave up looking for me. That she searched every night. And now it feels like I'm back here but still hundreds of miles away from her."

Lucas wrapped his arms around her as she did the same. "I'll get better, I know it."

"I just don't know what to do," she sighed into his shoulder.

The pair broke apart when they heard their friends charging down the hallway and out the door with their arms full of stuff.

"What's going on?" Nikki asked as she looked at the others.

Will stopped just before leaving the house. "We're going to go talk to Dustin's girlfriend."

The couples eyes went wide.

"Girlfriend?"

Authors note
This is a shorter chapter than I would like it to be but I still really like it and I hope you guys do too!

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️