123

Y/n's eyes shot open.

That voice. She knew exactly who that was. But, instead of relief washing over her like it should've, y/n was full of doubt. There was no way it could be who she thought it was. No way at all. Bruce had made it very clear that she wasn't going to have any visitors. Hell, she'd been lucky to even get that letter from Bucky. 

She sighed slightly in defeat, resting her tired head back onto the ground. It was probably just a new addition to the voices in her head. Her own mind tortured her more than anyone else could. Y/n had thought that she'd gained some sort of control over it all, especially because the voices were only usually from her victims or the man in the suit, but apparently not. Apparently her mind had decided to add the people that were closest to her into the mix. God, it was painful hearing that voice again. But at least if y/n was going to die she could focus on that voice whilst it happened.

"Are you going to get up or not? I don't have all day, y'know." The voice asked after a few moments of silence. To see y/n so full of doubt hurt, being locked up had seriously messed with her mind. 

Y/n almost seemed to freeze as the voice chimed in again over the speakers. Excitement washing over her as she quickly sat up. 

She wasn't hearing things. It was Natasha. It was really Natasha.

Y/n glanced over at the mirror with happy eyes, hoping that she was looking at the right area of the two-way mirror to actually be looking at Nat. A small smile begun to play at her lips, her mind running at a million miles an hour in attempt to figure out why Nat was there. She knew that her and Bruce were close, but she hadn't heard from him in at least two weeks.

"What're you doing here?" Y/n asked in surprise, her voice hoarse from not speaking for so long. She let out a slight huff as she got up from the ground, using her bed as a form of support. Her body was so weak from not eating for so long. But she'd do anything that Nat told her to do.

"We're breaking you out, dipshit!" Natasha exclaimed with a laugh. It was sad that y/n hadn't realised what was going on, but Nat wanted to make light of the situation. Y/n deserved to smile and laugh. She didn't deserve another dark experience. They were finally getting her out. She didn't want to focus on that fact that y/n was in a really bad way. At the moment all y/n needed was to be around the team - well, what was left of it at least.

Y/n's hand slapped over her mouth in surprise. The utter amount of relief that washed over her was immense, she couldn't even put it into words. Of course y/n probably should've been able to clue it together as soon as she heard Natasha's voice, but she didn't. She had truly believed that she'd never escape from the cell. Unbeknownst to y/n, she had been in that cell for almost a whole year. A whole year of pure torture. 

Tears begun to form in her eyes, a genuine smile obvious under the hand that covered her face. She was going to see Bucky again. She was going to see Bucky. Y/n quickly reached out to grab Bucky's letter from under her pillow, handling it as if it was a piece of glass. She couldn't help it. That letter was so precious to her. It was the only spark of hope that she'd had for months. "Is Bucky here?" She asked curiously, her smile only seeming to widen as she heard Nat laugh over the speaker.

Of course Bucky was going to be the first thing that y/n would mention. Of course. A fond smile appeared on Nat's face as she watched y/n through the two-way mirror. Her hands were leant against the desk, patiently waiting as she downloaded all of the camera footage and files to different hard-drives. That was Natasha's main job, but she couldn't help but talk to y/n. She was just so happy to see her after so long. "No, but we're taking you to him as soon as we get you out of here." Nat reassured with a smile. 

It had been a seriously hard few months. It was almost nice that y/n was oblivious to it all, but Natasha knew that she had to tell her all about it. Y/n wasn't even the only person that they were breaking out of the Raft. They were breaking out almost half of the team, but they'd left her till last to ensure that they had enough manpower to take out all of the guards.

Y/n's smile didn't waver for a second. If it were Bruce or Tony telling her that, she would've immediately begun to doubt them. But she didn't do that with Nat. She trusted Nat. 

Y/n lifted her shirt up slightly, tucking Bucky's letter into the waistband of her sweatpants. It was the safest place that y/n could think of, but she was sure that once she got out she'd get all of her belongings back. She was so ready to leave. However, until she saw that door open, she wasn't going to let her emotions get the best of her. Her body simply didn't have the energy to be freaking out yet, she had to conserve as much as possible. "Do I need to stand back or-"

The cell door suddenly blasted open, causing it to fly off of it's hinges and crash into a nearby wall. And, stood in the doorway were Steve, Sam, Wanda, Clint, and Scott. Steve seemed to be the only one not in a prison uniform, but that wasn't something that y/n wanted to question at the time.

Sam and Steve hurried toward y/n, meeting her in a tight hug. Neither Steve nor y/n seemed to care that they hadn't really been getting along before she had been locked up. Y/n was just happy to finally be free, and Steve being one of the people to help her escape meant the world to her. 

"We've got you, y/n." Sam hummed with a happy smile, hugging her back carefully. She was in such a bad state, he didn't want to squeeze too hard. God, he remembered dragging Bucky out of the Raft. His screaming was something that still haunted him, and probably Steve too. 

"Hey, can we leave the reuniting until after we get out of here? I don't think I need to remind you, but we're in a super high security prison right now. Plus, I wanted to be the first to hug y/n." Nat hummed over the speakers, causing the rest of the team to laugh. 

And that's what they did.

Sam and Steve supported y/n from each side to help her walk out of the Raft, and the rest of the team followed closely behind.

Y/n almost felt as if she were in slow motion. It almost felt like a dream. Tears of relief rolled down her cheeks as she stumbled down the extensive hallways, a happy smile plastered across her face.

She was free.