𝓕𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻?

Lila felt warm when she awoke after two days of sleeping. When she opened her eyes though, she was shocked. She wasn't in her little rundown house she was always in when she woke up in the morning, she was in this huge bedroom laying in a four poster bed with white satin sheets and wearing a baby blue night gown that looked way to expensive for her to be wearing.
As she was getting out of the bed, she heard one of the big oak doors that were at the front of the room creak open. "Who's there?" She said her voice shaking a little.
"Oh! Miss you're awake! I'm so glad, Mr. Grimes will be delighted to know you're okay." A thin lady wearing a black dress with a white apron and bonnet said as she stepped into the room.
"I said who are you. Did you say Mr. Grimes?" She said the last part spilling out unexpectedly.
"Oh yes, my name is Mary I'm the head servant at the Grimes household. And I do believe I said Mr. Grimes..why do you ask?" She said while walking over to the white vanity that was sitting by the bed.

"That's my last name. And I've never met my father." Lila said trying to comprehend what was going on.

"Well once we get you all dressed you can go down stairs and meet him." Mary said while setting out a hairbrush and walking to the walk-in closet.

"Why am I even here? Where's my mother and brother. Surely they're here if my father is." Lila said

"Oh sweetie..we just made it in time to save you. We do not know if either your mother OR brother made it." Mary said while taking a light yellow dress with small flowers off the hook.

Lilas heart dropped

What if neither of them made it?

Is she alone?

"Miss?"

"Miss are you ok?"

Mary's voice cut through her thoughts

"Uhm. Yes I'm alright." Lila said

Mary nodded and motioned for her to take her nightgown off.
Lila nervously took the nightgown off and set it on the bed.
She started to slip the yellow dress on with the help of Mary. As soon as that were done she was steered to the vanity and sat down on the stool. Soon Mary had picked up the hair brush and began to gently comb through Lilas hair humming quietly while doing so.

ᴀ ғᴇᴡ ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

Mary had led the way to the sitting room where Mr. Grimes was supposedly waiting for Lila.
As Lila walked in she saw a tall man with dark hair and bright green eyes. She saw the similarity in herself and him. But she still didn't believe that he was her father. It couldn't be, why would he want anything to do with her if he wanted to leave before she was born?

The man turned around right when she walked in and looked at her with those green eyes. A shiver went down her spine, there was something..off about this man that she just couldn't put her finger on.
"Hello Lila, I'm Mr. Grimes..your father." He said smiling at her.

"Hello." She said her eyes glued to the ground in front of her not wanting to make eye contact.

"I would like for you to join me for breakfast if you wouldn't mind." He said

"Yea..ok. Uh- where's the dining room?" She said finally looking at his face.

"Follow me, Lila." He said ushering her to walk with him.

As they turned the corner they came across a huge dining table with a plate and set of silverware at each table.
"Sit, I'll have the servants bring in the food at once." Mr. Grimes said as he pulled out a chair for her to sit in.
As Lila sat down Mr. Grimes pulled on of the many bells that were on the far wall. A few seconds later a pale lady with short brown hair came into the room.
"Yes Mr. Grimes?" She said

"I would like you to bring breakfast here at once." He said
"Yes sir." She hurried off into the kitchen Lila guessed.

It was a few moments later when three more servants came in with platters of food. There where buttermilk pancakes, fruits, biscuits, honey and even bacon, which Lila didn't get very often since it ran expensive in her village.

"Eat your fill, Lila." Mr. Grimes said already filling his plate.
She grabbed a little bit of everything but she couldn't help but getting a second serving of the delicious food.

"Say Lila, did you go to school or learn to read while you lived in the village?" Mr. Grimes said while whipping his face off with his napkin.

"Oh no, school was to expensive but Mother and Michael tried their best to teach me all they knew." She said while setting her fork on the table.

"I see..well. I have to go to my study and get some work done. If you need anything send for Mary and she'll bring you to me." He said getting up, the chair scraping loudly on the floor.
"Yea..ok." She said getting up as well.

After a few minutes she had found her way back to the big bedroom she had awoke in and found the bed made and a new nightgown sitting out for her for the night to come.
She walked around the room trying to find something to do.
She walked over to the vanity and pulled on one of the drawers to find a notebook and a pen. Lila had always liked drawing, and writing was one of the things Mother was able to teach her.
She took out the notebook and pen and set it on the edge of the bed as she hopped onto the bed and grabbed the items.

She turned to the first page and was about to start drawing when she saw something on the page.

The symbol wasn't like she had ever seen before

She passed it off and turned to the next page, which was blank.
She decided to draw a picture of her hometown and soon she had drawn the village in full detail.

ʜᴏᴜʀs ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

There was a knock on the door.
"Come in." Lila said shutting the notebook and putting it under her pillow.

"It's time for dinner Miss." Mary said peeking behind the door.

"Ok I'll be there in a second." Lila said getting up from the bed.

After arriving at the dining room Mr. Grimes pulled her seat out where she sat.
Nothing was said at dinner and soon after Lila had gone back to the bedroom only to find a steaming warm cup of milk waiting for her and a note.

"ᴾᴸᴱᴬˢᴱ ᴰᴿᴵᴺᴷ ᵀᴴᴵˢ ᴹᴵˢˢ ᴸᴵᴸᴬ"

The note read.

After Lila had drank the milk she had changed into a light pink night gown and climbed into bed.

Not very soon later Lila was dreaming.

Dreaming of the impossible..