Chapter 21

Hey guys, please read the note at the end. It's VERY important. Thank you and happy reading! :D

Chapter 21

"Hey Anna!"

I screamed and jumped about six feet into the air when I felt a hand clamp on my shoulder. I whipped around and spotted a grinning Elle.

I tried to calm down my racing heart by taking deep breaths. The beat gradually slowed down and I shot Elle a death glare.

"I could have died!" I yelled at her.

"Well it wasn't so bad. I scared Greg all the time, and he doesn't even falter. I don't get why you get so worked up... Doesn't Dakota does that to you?"

"No," I snapped. "Elle, what do you want?"

I did not mean to sound bitchy, but it probably came out that way. That was just one of the side effects when I was scared to death for no apparent reason.

Elle's Cheshire Cat smile came back on, her perfect teeth gleaming at me in full glory. "Aww, Anna. You're too cute."

I sighed. Why does everyone say that? Cute is the equivalent of ugly but adorable.

"Alright, alright. I was just wondering if you are interested in going biking this weekend with Greg and I." She got straight to the point.

Before I could protest, she spoke again. "Oh I need to go to the washroom. Come on." She grabbed my arm and pulled me into the nearest toilet.

"So? Have you made up your mind?"

"Yup. I am going to refuse your invite, sorry Elle."

"Why?" She shrieked while pulling out her makeup kit.

I chewed on my gum, stalling for time. "It'll be awkward."

"Anna Summers! You know Greg and he knows you! There's nothing awkward about it." She clamped her lips together to apply a fresh set of lipstick.

"For example, if you go on a date with Dakota, I'll gladly tag along." She continued.

I gaped at her. How could she -

"Nah, I was just kidding. You should have seen your face Anna. Cute, too cute." And she started to mumble something about cuteness.

"I really don't want to go, Elle."

She gave me a flat look. "You're coming."

"No."

"Yes."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Why are you being so stubborn?"

"Why are you being so stubborn?" She mimicked.

"I'm not going, Elle. That's final."

Her angry expression suddenly softened and was replaced with a goofy grin.

"Oh, then I'll have to make you."

********

"I can't believe you, Elle Darlington, psycho-ed me into cycling."

I folded my arms across my chest and huffed at her loudly, as if to emphasize my point. I stared at the purple bike on the grass. It was Elle's old bike, but she had gotten a new one since.

"Okay, I think now is the time to come clean." She said, with a regretful look.

"Come clean about what?"