Chapter 16 - The heat brings back forgotten memories [Part 2]

-~-

Red Rackham's Curse and the Treasure
John Williams
-~-

Third POV

It was now near midnight. Not a single cloud in sight, the stars scattered across the sky shining brightly.

The trio was fast asleep, exhausted from the intense activities from the previous day. The only one awake were Snowy and (P/N).

The cold night air had done (P/N) good, she was back to being her old perky self. But that did change the fact that she was worried about her best friend and owner. Snowy being equally worried about Tintin, watching how the blowing sand had been gathering around their bodies. They knew they had to do something.

Snowy begun barking and howling loudly. (P/N) flew up to scan the area.
A while had passed before their efforts paid off. A small group of travelers was located not too far away from the trio. (P/N) flying down to guide them faster. The men were stunned at first, but beside that, followed her towards Snowy's barks. Once they were up the hill, they found the unconscious bodies of the trio.

(P/N) taking a seat on Snowy's back, who looked at her relieved that help was here. "Good work you two!" The man said, petting Snowy's head.

The lights they were carrying first came across Tintin and (Y/N). The two laying close to one another to keep warm. The desert sand already covering most of their lower legs. They ran down to them, checking up on them.

"These two are alive!" He yelled out to his companions. His light now finding it's way to Haddocks figure. "Check the other!"

"Yes, sir!" Another man said, running over to Haddock. He turned him over onto his back, checking if he was breathing and for any possible injuries.

After that, they made them ready to travel back with them to their base. Rapping them up in a blanket to protect them from the cold air before placing each of them on a camel. Snowy traveling along with Tintin and (P/N) sticking by (Y/N)'s side.

---Time Skip to the next morning---

Your POV

I woke up with a fuzzy mind. Slightly closing my eyes again due to the amount of light slipping into the room from the cracked window. Where was I? How did I get here? Last thing I remember was passing out in the desert with Tintin and Haddock. Oh no, where are they? And Snowy? And (P/N)?! Where is she?!
Did something happen to them?

I sat up from the bed. A damped, nearly dry towel fell from my forehead. My forearms were wrapped up in bandages. I looked around the room. There was a bed, nightstand and a chair with my sweater and boots beneath it. On the opposite wall was a cabinet with a little mirror and door beside it.

I stood up walking to the cabinet. There was a bowl of water and a towel. I lay my eyes upon the mirror and saw my reflection. I looked horrible.

My hair was dirty and messy. My face was a little redish from the sunburn but not nearly as bad I would've thought. I looked tired.

I cupped my hands in the bowl, careful not to get the bandages wet, as I brought them to my face. The cool water felt heavenly against my skin. I did this a couple of time, rinsing my hands and drying them off. Lastly I held my head above it grabbing the can of water as I dumped it into my hair. Rinsing it out from dirt and sand before drying it off.