-chapter iv.

TW: This chapter contains, mention/talk of suicide, rape, use of hard drugs, physical abuse.

Reader's discretion is advised.

Cigarette Daydreams-Cage The Elephant

Reed's POV.

-
I fucking despise history. What is the use of this class anyway? I'm not planning on becoming the next Herodote anytime soon.

Yes this is the only fucking name I picked up from the class.

I'm bored out of my mind, doodling tattoo ideas in my book instead of taking notes like the rest of the class is doing.

Whatever, I'll just ask Romeo for his notes another day.

Laying my forehead on my desk, I continue listening to the way too high pitched voice of the teacher for god knows how long.

-

Once the annoying teacher is done I speed walk out of my last class of the day and text Kai to meet me up in our usual spot.

Me: Need supplies. Meet me at the spot in 20.

Kai: Got it.

I don't like what I do, in fact, I despise it, but it's not like I have a choice. I got involved in shit I shouldn't have, and now I'm stuck selling what almost killed me a few years ago. It was triggering in the beginning. I would have panic episodes, I would freak out, break in cold sweats, I wasn't myself for weeks. I couldn't even take a tiny baby Advil. I got used to it with time. Those episodes don't happen that often anymore.

Selling death disguised as a little fun to teenagers, disgust me. I feel like a monster. You'd think me out of anyone would refuse to do that. I hated my dealer after my overdose, even though I couldn't blame him for my suicide atempt, here I am.

I became the demon I used to have.

I resorted to suicide 2 years ago, on my second year at Rutherford. I was in my dorm room and I was overthinking everything bad that happened in my life.

Dad getting sick.

Dad dying.

Mom getting drunk all the time.

Mom's new boyfriend hitting me.

Mom coming home drunk out of her mind and mistaking me for her boyfriend.

Mom dying of alcohol poisoning.

Me being an orphan at 14.

Me getting addicted.

I was miserable. I couldn't look at myself in the mirror without cringing.

God I look like her. Why did you do this to me, mama?